1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KOC] Oladipo wants to be in Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 13, 2021.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Neither am I, but there aren’t many 2nd year players not named Lebron that you will be 100% on.

6’10” forwards that can score at all 3 levels don’t grow on trees. The question marks are whether he can defend or create for others. Worth a bet I think.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares at this point lol. I wish we could squeeze MPJ now that we have all these damn picks. I don't really care how defense looks anymore now that we won't be attempting to contend anytime soon.

finsraider likes this.
  3. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

We need to trade with OKC so they can give us our pick back

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

oh I’m definitely ok with that. The timeline has shifted, and the name of the game should be development.

Just saying that no prospect is 100%. MPJ has MASSIVE potential IF he stays healthy, can create for others and defend.

ElPigto likes this.
  5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Some player empowerment is a good thing. For example, it doesn’t bother me that players are vocal about social justice causes and take stands on those issues. In fact, I commend them for it. I also don’t have a problem with load management. The NBA needs to get the hint and stop scheduling back to backs.

However, the current trend of players under contract trying to force their way to a preferred destination needs to be scaled back. Asking for a trade is fine, but trying to strong arm the team into trading you where you want to play is too much. You might as well contract 20-25 NBA franchises if this trend continues because elite players won’t have any desire to play for them.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

didn't specifically mean to call you old haha. It was a general reference for older folks that aren't used to or have not adjusted to the modern era. but again the current trend isn't going away anytime soon and it's here to stay. especially when this generation is influencing the next (tatum, booker, morant etc)

DVauthrin likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Oladipo is an ok player. Nothing i would care if we kept or not. He's our new Kevin Martin. I could also care less about getting Tyler Hero unless we use him for trade. The prize is this years draft. There are a couple game changers in the draft that are worth moving mountains for. Hence why presti is even tanking it. That is the prize and only compensation for the loss of James Harden that I will accept before taking a **** on Fertitta's front lawn.

8. htown7829

htown7829 Member

If Miami gets Beal then they won’t be interested in Victor. Then where will he want to be?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Beal isn't a FA

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

They are definitely not doing that with Harden gone lol

11. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

I don't follow college ball at all so would you mind naming a few of those potential game changers? It's been a while since I've had a reason to be interested in the draft.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

having kept up with ncaam this year, actually this years draft isn't that great. before the season, there were projections on a good number of kids to go in the lottery but so many on that same list have disappointed so far this year. Most are well below expectations and are having disappointing seasons

just to name a few guys like Brandon Boston, Caleb Love, DJ Steward, Oscar Tshiebwe, Terrance Clarke

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

:)