1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People Confuse High Infection Rate With Bad Economy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jan 2, 2021.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agree with pgab that we don't need more stimulus checks. Some parts of the economy are hurting while the rest is fine. Help should have been more targeted to help impacted companies and people. Another round of PPP was a good idea because it's a bit targeted. Help for individuals should have been more targeted too.

However, the alternative to stimulus checks was not some smart policy. Politically, it was going to be checks for everybody or checks for nobody. Given the depth of need for some families, I'll accept some dumb policy for the sake of relieving some of their burden.

FranchiseBlade and pgabriel like this.
  2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Actually you see what you want to see...

But never the less you keep ranting all you want... the checks have already gone out..

T_Man

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Actually they aren't rebuttals and personal insults. Show me where I responded to a legit rebuttal with the d riding reference.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Staffing agencies right now are very bust

5. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

You have no ****ing idea what you're talking about. I work in the loan servicing industry selling foreclosures (or rather facilitating the sale of foreclosed homes). I work on commission. There has been a federal moratorium on foreclosures and evictions since March... that will last at least another 60 days. What do you think that has done to my inventory?

My income has been cut to a third of what it was last year, yet I have not been laid off and my company hasn't closed. Back to work, you say? FOH...

jiggyfly, Andre0087, adoo and 3 others like this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Your anecdote about your income represents the whole economy?

I'm talking about the unemployment rate and this mofo's rebuttal is about his commission. The even dumber part is he is referencing another safety net that means we don't need more safety nets.

#46 pgabriel, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No, just stop doing it. Christ, you are a petulant child.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Ill stop when I'm not being insulted for legitimate topics.

Would not give a damn about your thoughts but at least i got you straight about insulting me

9. Nook

Nook Member

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You were referring to me as an "educated negro" in your idiotic "single dead uncharted rapper = nationwide black male violence" thread, then claiming I was uneducated. Your brain is a sieve and you opinions have the narrative consistency and cultural relevance of a Fat Boys film.

11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

My anecdote only shows that there are segments of the economy that are surely not open or recovered. Miles to go...

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Educated Negoi is my sarcastic insult for liberal blacks who don't want to admit poor blacks have internal issues that liberalism can't fix and blame every problem on racism because they fear admiring faults of cyclical poverty will be associated with them.

Its based in old racism when poor racist whites hated educated blacks. You are one of those liberal blacks

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Nook likes this.
  14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

All that's tracking here is you getting disoriented when other black people disagree with you, to the point that you get frustrated and lob redundant, self-loathing insults, then are too much of a coward to admit it afterwards. Maybe we should just call you Fred Sanford: ridiculous enough to be amusing for a half hour, once a week, forty years ago, but ultimately just old junk and black nonsense.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

OUCH!

mdrowe00 likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

There you go with the I'm self loathing b.s. You keep repeating that tired ass insult. I'm trying to get black people to address the issues other than racism. We are stuck because we talk like its 1955

You've done this. When I talk about the dysfunction of poor blacks guys like you start talking about your accomplishments as if I'm talking about you and trying to insult you personally. Your massive complex prevents you from being honest and that doesn't help anyone

#56 pgabriel, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  17. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

the republican creed, along with the 'trickle down' bullshit

only thing sadder is how many poor and working class bought into it

vlaurelio likes this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

because they will always have their privilege to fall back on so they love it if the poor stays poor or ever worst poorer

insecure, jealous, selfish shitstains