1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams - Philly offered Simmons/Thybulle + draft compensation. Did we make the right deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Which package would you have prefered?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2021.
  1. Nets package

177 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. Phillys package

174 vote(s)
    49.6%
  1. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

It’s so easy to do these things!!!

And remind me how long has it taken Philly to try to optimize around Simmons?

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

When Harden was younger he reminded me of Manu Ginobli before Harden became a bonified super star. Manu was an all star level talent and was able to play at an elite level well into his mid/late 30s. I think Harden is on another level from him and his game should age well, he is "crafty" and every year until this year, he was adding something new to his game. He has an opportunity to get some all time records, Harden has also proven that he is a very durable player, vs. AD has a history of knick knack injuries at some inopportune times. It's almost like you hold your breath every time he goes down, like we did with Yao, but with less severe injuries.

3. wesbound

wesbound Member

Player wise... we got **** back... DIpo doesn't want to be here.
    Allen is a legit big that plays great D and we're garbage in that dept and we have him & opt to not keep him.
    We're gonna suck for years to come..

thedreamsteam and HP3 like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why would you assume Simmons will net you better picks. Teams that are bad are not giving up unprotected picks for Simmons of all people. The only teams that are willing to part with picks are teams that are already contending. So it's exactly the same as now. At leas the Brooklyn picks and swaps are all unprotected which is huge.

You think you can pick up lottery picks for simmons, you must be living in a another universe. When was the last time you saw a team get a single lotto pick for a player of Simmons Calibre.

Easy and YOLO like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

And you know this how? Dude is 24 LOL. Miss me with this crap.

Simmons Caliber???? You all act like he’s some srcub foh. He would absolutely net you a good return. Its better than gambling on BKN being a trash organization. It’s a bad gamble. Lol you guys talk like the nets are completely unaware of what they did and it’s funny.

it’s even more funny seeing dudes post with an agenda cause they hate Simmons as a player

6. dmoneybangbang

Remind me how many years we optimized Harden..... 2 out 9 we had an elite team? It's certainly not easy doing those things regardless of player, unless maybe you are Lebron.

Are the Sixers Simmon's team or Embiid's team?

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

I think we picked Nets because the picks were better and Tilman wanted to cut costs due to the nature of having a hospitality business in this economy.

Sounds like you are on some alternative plane of reality.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

embrace the tank

you’re right that at this moment, we didn’t get anything of real tangible value back for Harden as we’ll have to wait and see how those picks end up

the BK package is a bunch of could be’s, maybe’s, and hopefully’s which is why I’m all aboard the tank wagon

wesbound likes this.
  9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He was 2/2 in his last game while the 76ers were short handed

10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Get ready for at least 5 years of suck. It's not going to be fun but hopefully we luck out and draft a Super Star at some point over the next 5 years.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you're gonna tank, tank while crowdsizes are limited.

Also no first class travel and wash practice jerseys every other day by turning them inside out.:rolleyes:

12. HP3

HP3 Member

One game man

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That's how I feel about Ben Simmons and I'm glad we won't be relying on him to be our franchise player.

Easy, leangle25 and YOLO like this.
  15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

1. Not sure why you brought up another trade but to be clear the Rockets don’t a have realistic chance of rebuilding From This Trade for 3-5 years.
    2. How much does the past matter when they have a new Gm, Sean Marks, who is consider one of the best in the biz and new owner, who turned this team into a contender in 2 years.
    3. Your point is They Could get high lottery picks. Sure, very true....but they could also get zero lottery picks just because the Nets have zero incentive to be bad. The more interesting question is what is the mean projection? I would say two top 10 picks 5 years from now.

16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

No need to go around in circles. You think BKN wont be horrendous after the super team blows up. I do. We'll see who is right. In the meantime we have a protected pick this year, and own our 2022 and 2023 picks outright. Not to mention a team that was really fun to watch tonight!

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

That would be a 36 year old Durant who had an Achilles injury, and a 35 year old Harden

19. HP3

HP3 Member

They literally just out of of a very worse but similar situation. They are not a bad organization you gambled on incompetence. Sean Marks is not.

20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Reading a lot of this thread and the consensus among the people who prefer the Brooklyn deal is because Ben Simmons sucks and yall don't want him on the rockets. I posted this earlier in the thread, and I'm posting it again, I prefer the Philly deal even though I agree about Ben Simmons, because I would want him moved to a third team. I don't know exactly where, or what the value is, but I know I don't want him on the rockets. I would rather have Maxey combined with picks and a Ben Simmons haul over the nets deal. Just because you don't like Ben Simmons doesn't automatically mean that you the Philly deal is bad, and that you prefer the nets deal.

HP3 likes this.