1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HPD Officer One of Capital Rioters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jan 13, 2021.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Exactly what my VIetnamese friend?

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The other drider didn't give me anything to disagree with

He just came in to be a know it all jerk like he does in every thread he shows up in

#42 pgabriel, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That's no really not any different from the rest of the right wing crowd aside aside from the personal beef with the Chinese.

I do think their small business politics are enhanced by what you say but small business mantra is obviously a bigger right wing issue.

Edit: and personal beef with how Vietnam War ended

#43 pgabriel, Jan 14, 2021
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When I said the flaws of Communism earlier that was very vague. I'm not posting this to argue just clarification that one of the flaws I was referring to are human rights or lack thereof.

Its an issue in every Communist country

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Do Korean Americans have similar politics to Vietnamese Americans because of all cash small business ownership?

(For those who say I don't own up to stupid things I post every now and then)

A few years ago I posted a thread saying a Korean woman I grew up next to committed suicide by drowning herself in a bucket of water. Later I found out my elderly mother who actually has a very sound mind some how came back with that stupidity learning of her death. The neighbor had a brain aneurysm (not known immediately obviously this was before ambulance arrived),but still don't how my mother got confused.

Anyway the neighbor was first generation Korean American. She married my black divorced neighbor. She was divorced and had kids from a previous marriage to a black man.

When she moved in next door the home took on a smell. The kids were my age, I was there lot till the stepfather didn't want me around her daughter. Me and this guy didn't talk after he sent me home one day for over 25 years, including the son's tragic funeral who died when we were 27 of a codeine overdose. He was a registered nurse but I digress.

The mother also went from a flea market booth to owning a convenience store and black hair products store.

I was A floating teller for Comerica Bank in college. I worked at a location in Spring Branch sometimes, home to a lot of Korean Americans. Some owning small businesses would come in with stacks of cash that took long periods to count. The cash would smell like the neighbor's house.

I finally asked another teller what the smell was. She said Koreans eat a lot of garlic and bleeds through your skin.

#45 pgabriel, Jan 14, 2021
    malakas likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's too much ethnic talk for the gringos here to understand

pgabriel likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So Antifa did a Departed and several years ago enrolled in HPD Police Academy for deep cover infiltration..

How deep does this rabbit hole go!

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

jiggyfly, Dgn1 and Xerobull like this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

There are a range of views in the Asian community. As others have noted many older Asians are politically conservative and Republicans have previously done well politically with Asians. For immigrant and refugee communities such as the Vietnamese most of them were from South Vietnam and were opponents of the NVA and came here fleeing Communism so have some similarity to the Cuban American community.

In Minnesota there has been a big debate within the Hmong Community as LEO Thou Thao was one of the LEO charged in the George Floyd killing. For many Hmong joining the police was a mark of progress and a sign of respect. There are Hmong who are upset over BLM and Defund the Police as they see those movements as disrespectful especially since LEO Thao has become symbolic of that movement. At the same time there are many Hmong particularly younger who fully support those movements.

malakas and jiggyfly like this.
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't know why we went down the race rabbit hole. He is an officer who went and intentionally broke federal law in his offtime. Seems like an easy disciplinary case.

malakas, jiggyfly and K LoLo like this.
  11. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

..now when you don't treat crazy and stupid people nice and not tease them, kids...

...you'll be responsible for them growing up and believing all manner of things that eventually have them take part in a violent attempt to overthrow the government.

...and it will be your fault.

...(double demerits if you do that to the white ones)...

Now is that something you REALLY want?;)

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Asians, like Latinos, are not a monolith.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/fiveth...ans-are-thinking-about-the-2020-election/amp/
    No, Korean Americans are not as Trump supporting as Viets. I'm not saying the business owner Libertarian ethos doesn't exist, but that it's just one of many factors and hard to quantify whether your Viet or Korean. Koreans are also very conservative socially, especially the older, but again, hard to quantify that varying impact.

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

True very strong unions but when the Law has been broken there has to be a price to pay.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Perhaps the figures in the graph are like that because the Japanese, Korean, & Chinese experienced a different kind of America, ie the internment of Japanese Americans & the Chinese Exclusion Act. I'm sure the Viets have also faced the struggles of being a minority group but not to the degree of those older communities.

malakas and jiggyfly like this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The topic became a lot more interesting. Talking about race isn't bad. You are wise enough to know hiding from racial discussion furthers incorrect stereotypes.

Not to mention the stereotype if Trump supprters is white nationalist

JuanValdez likes this.
  16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The Koreans that moved to the US didn't have their homes taken away from them because of communism like the Vietnamese immigrants. Most came here for better opportunity because there wasn't much opportunity in Korea and very little social mobility. So the mindset is completely different.

Hakeemtheking, malakas and pgabriel like this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If I thought they were a monolith I wouldn't have asked

Kim likes this.
  18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Those are factors, but how do you fairly attribute that to equal lean Trump vs lean Biden? Also, single factor analysis as THE differentiating factor between subgroups is probably not capturing the whole picture.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. biina

biina Member

To the other end of the world and beyond

pgabriel and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sure bro.

jiggyfly likes this.