1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden traded to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2021.

?

Do you like the James Harden trade?

This poll will close on Jan 13, 2026 at 4:17 PM.
  1. YES

32.1%
  2. NO

25.8%
  3. Ask me again in 5 years

38.9%
  4. Abstain

3.2%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

of course he is

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So 2 WCF appearances and one of 2 teams to push an alltime dynasty is a waste?

What the hell was the Tmac era?

I don't know if its the hot take culture or the need for clicks but I have never seen sportswriters make stuff like this so personal.

It's truly amazing.

BHannes2BHonest, Reeko and B-Bob like this.
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It was good run for Morey/Harden era here. They couldn't beat Golden St. and Harden had some cringy moments and was TOTALLY unprofessional on the way out, but they made the Rockets relevant for a spell. The Rockets got 2 Western Conference Finals and a horde of picks for their trouble. Before that 1 playoff series win in about 15 years.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

I Car Wash in H-Town came up with a solution for sad fans ... by taking their now-useless jerseys and offering their top tier wash in return.

So, what's gonna happen to all the Harden jerseys?? TMZ Sports spoke with owner Sean Qureshi, who says he's hoping to TORCH 'EM ALL when JH returns to Houston as a Net.

"My plan is to burn them," Qureshi said. "I'm gonna make sure with local fire department just to make sure everything is on the up and up. But if they allow me to, whenever Harden comes back for the first game with the Nets, I'm burning them all that day."

Quereshi says he's preparing for around 50 fans to take him up on his offer ... meaning he expects to lose money in the promotion.

BossHogg713, Ramo$e and B-Bob like this.
  6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

The weird thing is, everyone on here knows it, but a lot us don't want to acknowledge it.

Dude straight up disappeared in playoffs, got fat recently and gave up on everything he tried to accomplish over the years.

Harden was given everything, and that partially was a problem. Management enabled him over the years, to some extend that was also good because it pushed him to be at his best, something he probably didnt know and I dont think many expected for him to get that good offensively. Eventually everything got over his head and he purely gave up.

I don't want to put the guy on McGradys level, but he is very close. Totally ruined what could have been. Maybe, who knows, maybe for the better...

7. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

'The Rockets were never going to win a championship with Harden as their face."

"The only thing that prevented a world title was CP3s hamstring."

Well which is it Mr. Article writer?

Reeko, DaDakota and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Oh plus,

25 years and counting................

Reeko likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The attention economy is so caustic, for our politics and even things that used to be more fun, ... like sports! Everything needs to engage people's worst emotions to maximize clicks.

I think in time, kind of like with the carbon industries, we'll have to acknowledge the unintended consequences. There's a real sort of pollution to this **** in terms of human society and mass psychology, right?

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree on leadership, ultimately, but I have to push back (again) on the 'disappeared' in the playoffs narrative.

He played great in some playoff games, disappeared in others. Basically, he was never a Jordan-like, Hakeem-like, Bird-like, or Lebron-like playoff monster that we all craved. So few are.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Everything costs baby!!!!!!

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This is 100% factual. Jordan, Bird, Lebron, & Hakeem are at the tip top of ALL TIME Greats.

B-Bob and jiggyfly like this.
  15. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

LMAO, only if post defense was everything.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah it's really amazing, especially with Harden Kahwai took a whole year off because he wanted to get traded and it was never this bad.

Kyrie threatened to have surgery.

But Harden is satan's spawn, I guess he should have just faked an injury and everything would be ok.:rolleyes:

I am not condoning what he did but for **** sakes these articles are getting crazy.

17. francis 4 prez

exactly, i think ben simmons is a really good player. but you're probably not winning much of anything unless you go get a player even better than simmons to pair with him. and we're probably not getting one of those without bottoming out and getting a high draft pick or creating tons of cap room. and okc owns a lot of our picks. does simmons even want to play through a rebuild? will he resign by the time we're competitive? do you just pair simmons with the current team and try to win a lot and lose early in the playoffs (that seems especially bad).

you get stars by either:
    1) drafting one
    2) signing one (usually be being in los angeles)
    3) trading for a disgruntled star

we're probably not doing 2 or 3 any time soon so why not take 7 shots at the nets being terrible and ending up with a top 3 pick and trying to draft a star?

jiggyfly and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So averaging over 25 ppg in a playoffs is disappearing?

Dropping 30+ in a game 7 is disappearing?

How is it close to McGrady's level one never one a series and another went to the WCF twice.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

To be fair.......we are undefeated when Harden didn't play ;)

BossHogg713 likes this.
  20. francis 4 prez

i don't think there will be any consequences, you ****ing ****stick of ****.

jiggyfly likes this.