1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KOC] Oladipo wants to be in Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 13, 2021.

1. macan

macan Member

*** potentially another drama queen in the house?!
    ship his arse asap stone!!
    don't wanna deal with any of this shiit anymore

saleem and BigShasta like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Good luck with that.

BMoney, saleem, fchowd0311 and 2 others like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What do his advance statistics look like? Seems to me like he is having a typical Oladipo season based on the raw stats. The only things I've heard is that he doesn't have the same jumping ability due to the quad tear. I expect him to play well for Houston.

I'm glad we have the Harden deal of our backs now. Now we can enjoy the games on having no expectations. Maybe Silas's system was being held back because of Harden's mojo was bringing the team down with him. I don't know. It certainly felt like Harden tried to semi-adapt, but I was hoping Silas would just let him iso again. Anyways, that's out of the way, let's hope we actually get to see the system.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Are you guys a bunch of noobs? Have you forgotten the basketball Laker legend known as Talen Horton-Tucker??????

Bono, ElPigto and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ok so then they would have:

Butler
    Dragic
    Bam
    Oladipo
    Herro
    Precious
    Robinson
    Plus new cheap signings

Not terrible.

YOLO likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If Miami "refused" to include Herro in a trade for Harden I, too, doubt they would chomp at the bit to acquire the services of recording artist Victor Oladipo for Tyler.

saleem and Nook like this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I haven't looked at him closely but his shooting percentages are less than I'd want. It's only been a handful of games though so that could be just a blip.

ElPigto likes this.
  8. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think we will see an attempt at Beal next, probably from the 76ers and Miami. They are going to be desperate to keep up in the arms race.

I really think the best fit for Oladipo is Denver. He fits their needs like a glove. The question is can we somehow get MPJ.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  9. foggy94

foggy94 Member

They wouldn’t have Dragic. And that’s not a championship roster

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If Stone somehow flips Oladipo for Herro, he instantly shoots up to top 5 gm in the league.

Ya it ain't happening.

Rocket River and Nook like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Oladipo is still not a Rocket.

This is very strange.

I wonder if the Rockets are working to re-route him (i hope so). We just dealt with a guy who didn't want to be here. It's already leaking he wants Miami? Keep him the **** away from this team unless he says he wants to be in Houston.

They completed a 3 team deal to make the TPE bigger but the subsequent trade is still not official.

Probably just a filing order ordeal but man oh man do I hope there's more.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

See if we can get a first for him and tank the season. That's assuming what I heard is correct about our pick this year being top 4 protected.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You are right. It is not a championship roster, especially not with a better Philly, Nets, and Celtics.

But if that's the standard then I don't think Dipo + their current roster is a championship roster either. So might as well keep the picks.

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Keep us posted boss.

saleem likes this.
  15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Did he really come out and say this? I would think he knows he just needs to play his contract out and go then. But maybe the rockets could get Nunn and Precious plus another expiring if he comes here does his job nicely, and maybe the organzation helps him out. I assume if the interest is Mutual and Heat need him for the playoffs, im sure the rockets can get a deal done. But for now, id assume Victor comes here and does his job.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I know that the Rockets are scared of losing their picks the next handful of years or losing their pick in a pick swap....... but they cannot let that deter them from having a complete rebuild. I believe that the draft picks are protected 1-4 in 2024 and 2026 and the swaps in 2021 is 1-4 and 2025 are 1-10.

saleem, fchowd0311 and matchesmalone like this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

2025 is 1-20 protected. We should be able to keep 2025 pick.

I really hope we stay competitive this year since we are definitely losing our draft pick and getting either the Miami or Clippers draft pick.

18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

No, he didn't come out and say it. It's a random, unquoted line from a random article that relies on anonymous, undated "sauces."

19. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Does Miami wants him now? Its one thing Harden requested a trade.. but now oladipo who havent been here with only 6 months before his contract ends and he can easily go to Miami?

20. Nook

Nook Member

I was under the impression the 2025 pick was only 1-10 protected and this year if our pick flipped we would get the least favorable of the OKC and Miami picks.

If we tank this year we still have a chance to keep our pick as it is protected. Under the new lottery rules we would still have 20-45% chance of keeping it if we were one of the 4-5 worst teams in the league.

ElPigto likes this.