1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the Trump Coup underway?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

hope the rank and file all go to WPP

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The funny part about that statement by Trump is actually completely backwards. Pence is a p*ssy if he stands by Trump, and a Patriot if he stands for our country.

#443 deb4rockets, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Reeko, B-Bob, Amiga and 2 others like this.
  4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Think of us as your support group. I feel for ya man. I feel your frustration. I just quit arguing with cousins, uncles, and friends on Facebook. It's pointless. They are brainwashed just like a cult. There is really nothing you can say to ANYONE who still supports that psychopath after all he has done.

The lies, lies, lies, have been going on his entire Presidency. They are so deeply brainwashed that facts can be thrown straight in their face and a Trump denial or twisted version of the facts is all they need for reassurance. Trump loves manipulating people. He's the perfect cult leader and gets off on it. He loves attention. You can't pull them out of that cult because they don't know they've been brainwashed and manipulated. It's scary and sad. Twitter should remove Don JR from social media too because he does his Daddy's bidding. Hopefully the FBI keeps a close watch on his followers.

#445 deb4rockets, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Nook and ROCKSS like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is one thing I warned Republican friends of mine. If you tie your issues to Trump and support them unquestioningly when he falls he will take those issues with him. In the opening days of a new Congress they aren't debating issues like the size of government, taxes or even immigration, many of the issues that "Conservatives" care about. They are caught up in addressing the grievances of a defeated President. Further that Republicans have now lost control of both houses in small part due to this defeated President means it will be even harder to press for issues that you care about.

Ubiquitin and Xerobull like this.
  7. Xerobull

8. Xerobull

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

There is going to be a story about whom is responsible for the small Capitol police response and the delayed National Guard response. It could have well just been a public relations and optics decision or it may have been planned to allow the riots to influence Congress. But I think it will be the crux of the investigations. Trump firing and replacing the Secretary of the Army is most suspicious. I think this Kush Patel guy is going to be the gum in the works of the response. If it is, his phone records could lead back to the Whitehouse.

mdrowe00 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The terror attack on Capitol Hill does appear to have been orchestrated from the top down. Inexcusable planning and delayed response while the building and Capitol police were under attack. I have faith the feds will uncover the whole plan, and arrest those in charge.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. Xerobull

You need to read this thread.

CometsWin likes this.
  12. Xerobull

13. Xerobull

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

alternate electors

Blatz, mdrowe00 and Xerobull like this.
  15. Xerobull

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

In Trump's mind he is always the hero of the story. What defines things as good in Trumpworld is loyalty to Trump.

Nook and deb4rockets like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

The scary part to me out of all of this is that if the election had been closer and Trump and others more capable this might've succeeded.

If this was like 2000 or even 2004 where it came down to one state and that state was controlled by Republicans I'm not sure how much fealty they would've given to rule of law. While people like Raffensperger deserve credit for standing up to the President he also knew that as long as states with even large margins like MI and PA didn't flip GA wouldn't matter. That this was over at least 6 states I have no doubt that those conducting elections in those states were likely looking very closely at what was happening in other states.

As we saw with 2000 with one state it would've been easier for Republicans to make muddled arguments regarding the differences between state laws and even appeal to the 14th Amendment equal protection clause to justify federalizing the election. In the Congressional certification of Electors if it was just one state it would've made it easier to challenge their electors rather than what happened on the 6th where to actually overturn the elector multiple states had to be challenged.

Nook, Xerobull, superfob and 2 others like this.
  18. Xerobull

19. Xerobull

20. Xerobull

If Caldwell doesn’t mysteriously ‘commit suicide’ he’s going to roll over on a lot of the congressmen and senators who helped him and the insurgents.