1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Do you like the Harden trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Do you like the Harden trade?

1. yes because Harden is not in shape and does not want to be here

9.5%
  2. yes because I like what we got for this season and we are better

9.5%
  3. yes because I think we can still win the championship with this roster

4.8%
  4. yes because we got better for the future

9.5%
  5. no because I still want Harden

9.5%
  6. no because Harden is not in shape and he needs a little more time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. no because I did not like what we got

42.9%
  8. no because we are worse (eventhough the chemistry would be better)

4.8%
  9. to be determined / wait and see / neutral

9.5%
  1. jaychi

jaychi Member

I know there are many threads already but I am curious on what you all think.

First of all, We should thank Harden for all these years. We were entertained. It's not perfect but he made it fun and proud for us to be Houston Rockets.

I like this trade because there is no long term scenario for him to be here. It would be more of a burden from him here than wait for it to work out. But I also think he is not in shape right now. I am used to his finger-pointing but I can see he tried to make it work but he is not in game shape and the familiarity is not there yet. I don't think he intentionally missed his shots so I think maybe we could have waited a bit more. A frustrating loss does not mean he does not want to play well anymore. Maybe it needed more time even though it seems a lot of time have been wasted

2. jaychi

jaychi Member

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm Ok with the trade.

It was obvious from the outset that we were going to be the losers of any trade that sent Harden out the door ....

This team probably doesn't make the playoffs and I can live with that .... they'll at least be entertaining to watch. ISO ball is hard for me to watch as a fan ....

Harden & Durant are 31 & 32 .... by the time those 25 , 26 & 27 picks come due , they are likely over the hill or gone - those picks have high lotto potential.

The more I think about it , ISO ball just isn't a recipe for championships and we were never going to be able to put enough around Harden to finish the deal , it was time to move on.
    No deal was ideal but we've got some wiggle room under the cap now & Oladipo is likely moved sooner than later netting another asset or two .... We get to watch some young guys play major minutes which should be entertaining and the draft will be relevant again.

4. jaychi

jaychi Member

what if oladipo plays like before he got injured.