1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(POLL) The deal is done - your prediction for the rest of the year...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jan 13, 2021.

?

How will the Rox finish the year?

1. Tanking and trying to see how low we can go... that swap is top 4 protected...

37 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Mediocrity - miss the playoffs but not bad enough to have a real shot at a top pick...

90 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Sneak into the playoffs and a 1st rd exit...

62 vote(s)
    29.5%
  4. A couple more moves and we can contend! Maybe not a chip but we're in the mix...

21 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Naw I just wondering because he's the only one I know that uses poverty in his sentences alot.

HP3 likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

indicating the poverty of his vocabulary perhaps?? :cool:

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Easily miss the playoffs and be mediocre.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I get the feeling that Tilman is not for a FULL TANK Job
    Then again . . .maybe behind the scenes but not publically

I hope no more #14 Pick in the draft EVERY YEAR!!!

Rocket River

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Mediocrity. I think they will probably improve just on being without that huge distraction...not much though. Maybe they finish 12 in the West which is probably still ahead of the garbage east pile to draft (or for OKC to draft) in the lottery.

The one thing they do have going for them is the lottery is flattened out. Yes this works against them but it also works for them too.

As for the whole "Rockets will be bad FOREVER" mentality. Stop. Let's take it year by year.

For Silas he finally gets his team and if we're lucky maybe the Rockets finally build that culture that becomes bigger than any one player.

kjayp likes this.
  6. thekad

thekad Member

Bad record, Wall’s injuries and poor play pile up as delusional Rockets fans wake up to how bad his contract is, OKC swaps their pick for the Rockets.

Tilman saves some money.

7. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

ahhh well what do I do with all these beautiful shoes? go rockets!
    what else are you gonna do?bleed rockets red :D

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Wall and Oladipo ball out and Wood makes the all star team. We sneak into the 8th seed and lose to the LAL but Cousins fights AD getting Brow suspended for the rest of the playoffs.

Meanwhile Kyrie comes back and is shocked that Harden is there and attacks them leaving both injured. The Nets go on to the worst record in the league and the Rockets get the # 1 pick.

kjayp and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

...and then you woke up.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

So if OKC gets 4th and we get 5th pick. We keep the pick?

11. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Was ready for a rebuild since the start of the season so

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This, this is the only real option to get the salary cap to nearly $0!! And then bring in random players out at the park and pay the whole team $1.5 million total, or whatever the hell the league minimum is for walk-on players.

Why couldn't Mutombo have owned the team...

13. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I think the Rockets will surprise everyone. Wall looks like an allstar, Wood is excellent, EGO is playing great. Trade PJ for a pick. Oladipo has been playing good and plays better D then Harden. We also have gotten younger all the way round.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

The Rockets won't be bad forever, but I honestly don't feel too positive on tilman owning the team.

But Everything will get better with time, I mean assuming we're not watching the 2nd making of the Knicks here, but this has to be one of the quickest collapses after buying a team. I mean this team went from a franchise record in wins to trash. I complained about Les sometimes, but holy ****.

Maybe Tilman can turn it around, I do like seeing what the coach and gm can do, assuming Tilman is eventually willing to spend, but he had a generational player and wasn't going all-in - so I don't have a lot of hope here. Let me put it this way, I can't stand the GSWs/Mavs (can't believe I'm even typing this)... but if we had team owners like them, I think we'd be in a lot better spot.

15. Know Your Role

The poet Master P once said,"I'm the Colnel of this mother *&#^% tank, you got the big game but we got the big bank." Stone must learn from Master P, the New Orleans legend and hustler. Embrace the tank, let the losses pile up and the wins and exciting young talent become special again. We need the next generation superstar. Duno who they are yet but they are out there. Forget these late 00's drama queens. New stars will be born. Rockets will lift off again.

16. Badrose

Badrose Member

If Cousins is still Cousins I think the team is good enough to get a playoffs spot. But right now I don't know if they really want it.

17. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

We have a total of 0 players above 20% body fat by the end of the season

18. Rockets4Life13

I just realised that Miami has been terrible so far. How great would it be if both the Thunder and the Heat suck and we get to keep our pick anyway or at worst move up 1-4 spots?

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Nah.

#79 Batman Jones, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    YOLO likes this.
  20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

any new input?