1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rebuild, semi rebuild or make a trade or 3 and compete now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PTX, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Rebuild or not

1. FULL REBUILD

70 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. Semi Rebuild

35 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Trade & Compete

24 vote(s)
    18.6%
  1. fattz

fattz Member

Well with what transpired today there really isn’t much choice. The choosing is done. We are f’ed each and every way.

what’s the net value of the Rockets now? He would be luck to get 1/2 of what he bought if for just a few years ago. Less is the only winner today.

raining threes likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

We can tank this year. The Okc pick is top 4 protected, and we should tank this year. Trade Oladipo, trade everyone humanly possible.

cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

"Trade and compete" is not an option for us.

glynch likes this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I think we go Semi-Rebuild route, sacrificing early assets for MPJ while building around him & Wood, as we wait for Simmons & Tatum Jr. in 2026/27. Fully evolved MPJ/Wood + the hypothetical young bucks would be nasty

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wish the Process doesn't end up with a ship now that Harden isn't joining him.

7. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I wanted semi-rebuild but we are heading for full rebuild...

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I have a feeling the Nets are either going to win several championships or be a dysfunctional mess that completely collapses on themselves. I can't see this group of players peacefully coexisting as anything less than a top-tier winner. Literally any outcome less than that leads to dissatisfaction and locker room drama which could threaten the team's composition (just like it did with the Rockets).

Kyrie Irving is obviously a headcase. Harden is childish. Durant is solid mentally, but can he stay healthy as he ages? If they break up, then the Nets could go through a similar rebuild and these newly-acquired picks will be golden. Here's to hoping.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Compete? Compete with what?

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

We have picks. Morey didn’t trade away all our picks. We keep our pick this year if it’s in the top 4, or it’s a swap. We then have our first round picks in 2022 and 2023. It would really help to get a top 4 pick this year in order to get the rebuild started as quickly as possible.

Year First-round draft pick(s)
    2021 Own if inside top 4 or worst of order with MIA and OKC (with option to swap with BKN) + DET pick if outside top 16 + POR pick if outside top 14
    2022 Own + DET pick if outside top 16* + POR pick if outside top 14* + BKN pick + MIL pick
    2023 Own with option to swap with BKN + DET pick if outside top 18* + POR if pick if outside top 14* + WAS pick if outside top 14
    2024 Own if inside top 5 + BKN pick + DET pick if outside top 18* + POR pick if outside top 14* + WAS pick if outside top 12*
    2025 Own if inside top 10 with option to swap with BKN + OKC pick if own is outside top 10 + DET pick if outside top 13* + POR pick if outside top 14* + WAS pick if outside top 10*

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why would u want to compete now? What does compete even mean now? Compete for a respectable showing in the 1st round?

it’s time to set ourself up for a prolonged tank job

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I think the Lakers are way too strong for anything the Rockets could reasonably expect to put on the court. James, Davis, and Gasol is going to be a tough nut for anyone to crack. Fortunately, James is pretty old, Gasol is also 36, and Davis is not exactly the most durable guy in the league, so this is not something that should be expected to last more than a year or three. I say position as best as possible to compete then, instead of futilely chasing first round exits.

13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Wall, wood, oladipo can compete huh? Yea someones in for a rude awakening

No wonder people are mad harden gave up on this team. You are really delusional enough to think that lineup can win a single playoffs game

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  14. mightybosstone

Since you're not likely to have your first round pick this season anyway and you're locked in to two more years of Wall's $40M a year no matter what, I like that they don't have to make that decision yet. If Oladipo works out and this new core can thrive under Silas, maybe you see how it plays out. Plus, you'd have space for a max deal in the offseason. If they continue to struggle, you can easily move Tucker and Oladipo at the trade deadline for more picks and assets.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You’re not competitive. Tilly ain’t paying nobody that he doesn’t HAVE to. He’s going to Tank.

D-rock and justtxyank like this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Do they keeping Tucker and Gordon or do you see a trade coming for them soon?

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

For how long is long?
    [​IMG]

Rebuild to get more divas to trade away to rebuild to get more divas title 2050..I learned it by watching you ok!?!!

Reeko, Rocketeer4Life and CCity Zero like this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'd just like to see a plan. right now, i don't know what the hell we are doing. We just traded away one of the best players in NBA history at the peak of his prime and we didn't get back a sure thing. We got picks that may be late picks and may not pan out. We got another often injured player, who will be a free agent next year. And two young prospects. Guys like PJ and Gordon are still on the team; not sure where they fit in; not sure why we wouldn't have taken this opportunity to move them. I just don't understand the vision to get back to greatness at this point. What can i say, i;m bummed we didn't at least get a top young prospect in the deal.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

What's Corey Brewer up to these days? Perfect for a tank

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  20. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

The guy who joined a 73-9 team to get a championship and created several burner accounts to defend himself is "solid mentally"? I can't wait for the implosion.

IvanLCPM, Jturbofuel and D-rock like this.