1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silver Linings thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jan 13, 2021.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Okay, he's gone. It's a done deal. Putting the past behind us for the purpose of this thread, I can immediately see two things to be happy about:

1. The air of uncertainty will leave the team (mostly) and allow the players and coach to focus.

2. Tilman can now allow a rebuild or tank job and blame it on Harden leaving us in a bad position.

What are yours?

joshuaao, cbs1507, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We get to see what Silas is TRYING to accomplish

Rocket River

dreamshakin, sirjesse, BMoney and 9 others like this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

For me the expectation of competing for a championship while also knowing we aren’t realistically going to get there has been daunting the last couple years. If we weren’t going to get a lot better with harden it was time to tear it down and rebuild. I’m almost relieved the process has started. It’s going to be a long tough haul but it needed to be done. It’s the end of an era and that’s sad but it’s also a new beginning. It’s just the circle of life in the sports world.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I think a lot of you are going to be surprised at the team product going forward. Addition by subtraction. Harden wasn’t trying to mesh. We would obviously at our best if he did, but we could very well be much much better than we were with Harden half-adding it.

5. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

We at least don't have to defend Harden constantly anymore...

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

what surprise. This team won't be that good and will miss the playoffs. there's nothing surprising about that

7. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Silver lining is Tilman comes out like a victim, he saves money and we now have a roster that will be on par with the kings, Knicks etc..

i believe our owner will hinder what our GM can do and it is a sad time for Rockets fans

jerryclark likes this.
  8. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Now we actually get to see a different offense and a coach put in what he wants

dreamshakin, malakas, dcfma and 2 others like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Harden gave us some of the best years of his life, but the 2nd year with CP3 was a definite drop off to such a dominating season.

Shame the refs threw the series but such is life.

10. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

The List

Trade harden - Check
    How to dump eric gordons contract
    BACKUP BIGS

malakas, Highlyrated and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Yull cee

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It was a dead end with Harden and this roster. It's good that we moved on while he still had some value.

Our chances ended in 2018. The next two years were a waste of time and just disappointment

13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Silver lining is we will sign the Thon Maker since he was released from Cleveland.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

jakedasnake likes this.
  15. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Ewing theory? I don't know about that. I predict awful but we'll see.

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

We get to talk about the NBA Draft again!

17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Silas needed someone who could score and play defense. In comes Victor. I think people forget that this guy was a great player healthy. Im eager to see whats up with him. Also Silas remember is from the East (Bobcats) and probably thought taking on Wall and Victor would be huge, and he has a team that he can really work with, didnt see team like this in the east?

Add Wood future star from detriot who knows. Its a beggining of new era, there will be other players to come and join, in and out. Probably alot of this team will be gone near the deadline. Tucker is probably gone at deadline. imo

Kevooooo likes this.
  18. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I hope we see the team play at a faster pace. For all of Harden’s talents, I always wished he played at a faster pace. Catch the defense before they get set up. I always felt like he could have really been unstoppable. He stopped the ball and let the defense set up every time, and even through that he still put up numbers. I think that slowed down pace cost him in the playoffs.

So now Silas can have Wall and Vic playing fast and run his system.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Time to trade PJ while people are interested in what he’s got.

Possum likes this.
  20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

My silver lining: at least we still have a team and there don’t seem to be any swarms of locusts headed towards Houston.

Also lots of picks!

and the best fans in the universe!

malakas likes this.