1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Rockets4Life13

I'm not going to pretend i watched all of Nets' games because i didn't, but in the games i've seen, Lavert looked like the typical bench player who comes in and does nothing but shoot all the time until the good players come back in. He's not even close to oladipo's level imo.

joshuaao likes this.
  2. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I'm not saying he is bro, but he is far from a scrub. His role was to lead the second unit and play make for them when Irving and KD go to the bench. His passing and shot creation are really good.

3. Rockets4Life13

He's definetely not a scrub, didn't mean to say that. I think it's the right move to get him out, if we get oladipo for it.

Oladipo is a risk worth taking, he gives us a 2nd ballhandler for the time wall sits on the bench and he could very well return to form on a team that isn't expected to do anything.

If Oladipo returns to his pre-injury all-star form, we could get some really good stuff for him at the deadline, considering he's also expiring.

BigM likes this.
  4. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

That's exactly my thoughts for him too, I would deal Victor at the deadline for a couple of picks if I was Stone. Get as many picks as possible.

saleem and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  5. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Since when is 39% and 42% poor shooting ? It's not a sniper but its reliable

6. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Lol stubbled upon this gem of a comment too. Eat a snickers of something. Ur not ur self when ur hungry

7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

oladipo and wall could be pretty good. The ball and the bodies have to move for the Rockets offense to be good. Defensively on the ball is nice though

tehG l i d e and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

dont sleep on Exum

Little Bit and j@amc like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

stone seems to target only players who've suffered major leg injuries in the past couple yrs

saleem, JayZ750, RasaqBoi and 2 others like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

exum sucks. he isn't relevant

saleem, Fulgore and vator like this.
  11. sheb

sheb Member

Wasn’t stone in acquisitions ?
    So buy low sell high maybe ?

jakedasnake likes this.
  12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only person happy about all of this in Houston, is Jack Easterby.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

my post was mostly in jest. tilfuk probably just told stone to trade for expiring contracts that's all

14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Apparently he is hurt and out for 1-2 months with a calf strain. Also Thon Maker and Yogi Ferrel were released today by the Cavs. Rockets signing Thon Maker as part of the deal? Wouldn’t surprise me. Cavs didn’t give up enough IMO. Just stole Allen.

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

Some potential Oladipo landing spots:

Denver (MPJ)
    Dallas (pick)
    Golden State (Minny Pick)
    Miami (Herro)
    Atlanta (Prospects or picks)
    Philly (Maxey / picks)

Lots of different ways this could go.

saleem, cmoak1982, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Hope he does good. Lot of people say this or that. Ive seen some games this kid is explosive and can play defense. I know everyone wants to hate on him cause he was in the east, but i bet he can play still. Hes only what 28? Entering his prime, maybe he can earn his self a contract from Houston.

18. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Frettita really knows how to test the fan's patience since he has bought this team with this mediocre move. This is clearly a rebuilding process for Fretitas financials more than the Rockets future. It is to be seen how well the Rockets execute with the barrage of picks. In the short term, I think it will be fun to watch Wall, Wood and Olodipo play together. At least the locker room will not be filled with a debbie downer and everyone competing on an equal level.

I am a Rockets fan even if the team stinks.

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

If he can show he’s still an impact player and stays healthy, there will be plenty of suitors for him. He’s a name and a known commodity. Fans on other teams are already talking about him being a deadline pickup and a few reporters have already thrown his name out as one to keep an eye on.

jakedasnake and finsraider like this.
  20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Golden state for the Minny pick makes the most sense. Not sure teams will give a true young already producing talent unless they plan to keep Oladipo long term. Should hold solid value though. Harden trade will be years before we understand the actual haul. We still have Oladipo as an asset to trade or sign long term. We have multiple picks that we can package for a star or package picks, etc. to move up in the draft some year. Multiple ways to go about this. I still think back to the Lowry trade where Morey traded him for a surefire lottery pick but didn’t know which spot it would be until later.. That is the pick that helped us get Harden. Teams love draft picks.

saleem likes this.