1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(POLL) The deal is done - your prediction for the rest of the year...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jan 13, 2021.

?

How will the Rox finish the year?

1. Tanking and trying to see how low we can go... that swap is top 4 protected...

37 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Mediocrity - miss the playoffs but not bad enough to have a real shot at a top pick...

90 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Sneak into the playoffs and a 1st rd exit...

62 vote(s)
    29.5%
  4. A couple more moves and we can contend! Maybe not a chip but we're in the mix...

21 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

That sounds terrible.. we didn’t commit to being a STH holder this year to watch the franchise give up and win 20 games. Not happy

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Why? Are you expecting to be competitive with John wall as your lead option? Why not endure a rough year for the high lottery pick?

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The 6th seeded WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I accidentally clicked post before I finished my response.

T for 3 likes this.
  5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Tilman won't let them full tank. If the Rockets get a top 4 pick, then they'd be forced to pay a top 4 pick salary slot. He won't let happen. :D

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Lol, take your time!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I was just saying as I season ticket holder we don’t appreciate committing to this year during a pandemic and the team giving up and potentially only winning 20 games and being one of the worst teams in a league. Not what we signed up for. I’m sure others feel the same. We had the option to not get tickets this year and just carry over to next year but we decided to renew and now we are going to be one of the worst teams in the league.

BHannes2BHonest and T for 3 like this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I’m resetting my baseline to the era of Cat and Franchise. It probably will be worse.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Imagine Kyrie taking a ride out in the middle of the Mediterranean and seeing the horizon...

'Mr. Tilman is that the edge of the earth?'

J.R., SamFisher and Amiga like this.
  10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Understood. I would be upset as a season ticket holder too. Why didn’t you roll them over?

11. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

omg... don't get me started on the mathematical futility of tanking. Suffice it to say for every success story there are 6 or 7 failures with the strategy. Bottom line it doesn't work. It does nothing but destroy your franchise while you repeatedly roll the dice.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

It does work if you have good scouts. Denver got to where they are now by being bad. So did the Warriors. So did LA. So did the Bucks, so did the Mavs. We are not a FA hot spot....this is the only way bro.

13. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Oh no we kept our same tickets for next season and beyond it was just for this year they offered us a chance to opt out and we opted in thinking we would at least be competitive.

T for 3 likes this.
  14. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Bhahaha. It didn't work for any of them. The Bucks and Warriors were atrocious teams for 20 years, so were the Clippers. LA did not use the strategy they picked up LB and AD with $ and fame.

i.e. your idea would doom the Rockets similarly to the Bucks and Warriors with DICE rolls potentially until 2040 - if we are lucky. In effect you are saying "lets emulate every failed team because it eventually worked after decades, i.e. let's be the 90's clippers etc."

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly I don't see how we win more than 15 games this year. We maybe the worst team in the league. We didn't get anyone playable back in the trade to fix any of our biggest holes.

No shooting,
    No size,
    No rebounding.
    No 3 and D wings.

And we downgraded from Harden to Oladipo.

16. HROZ

HROZ Member

Tanking this and next season is the correct move.

This season has decent top 4 picks. Plus Covid means the loss isn't as big. With no crowds the loss in revenue is small.

Next season has potentially one of the best draft classes of all-time.

It's the correct move.

I want a Championship. Not a 6th spot hope to make the 2nd Rd.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the sad part is I don't think Raffy and Tilman are done yet. folks better get their NBA jersey insurance

https://store.nba.com/jersey-assurance/x-143713+z-91829756-2442190644

18. HP3

HP3 Member

What? It literally did. An it wasnt 20 years. What? They were only able to get AD because they tanked for Lonzo and Ingram.

With good drafting it doesnt take that long. Warriors had a dynasty LOL. What, ill take years of being bad if we get chips. The alternative is being a middle team with trash picks AND THE EXACT SAME SCENARIO.

19. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Disneygaryclark is that you?

20. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL did he say that?