1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Everything she is saying may be true. But she is preaching to her own choir.

She is not doing anything to bring the country together by continuously demonizing the other side.

I wish any of these politicians would just forget about the other side for a second, or what they are themselves against. But just speak about what they are for or what they can do to unite the country.

But then again it prolly won't get the views in Twitter and YouTube at the end of the day. And that is what's its really about.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Now they are calling on Professor X to protect the Capitol?

#2062 Carl Herrera, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    ROXRAN, Rashmon, Blatz and 9 others like this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yeah lets celebrate people losing the right to vote. While we are at it, why dont we make it a felony to vote Republican...or more specifically, anyone not voting Democrat.

4. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Florida allowed felons the right to vote

Republicans made sure they tried their hardest to stop that to much success

No one forced these guys to commit felonies

The law is the law

Law and Order!

superfob, Blatz, malakas and 2 others like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

mdrowe00 likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

starting a ben shapiro appreciation thread...

7. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...I'm never going to look at a roasted peanut the same way ever again.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Felons in Florida are allowed to vote if they have served their time AND paid all of their restitution.

Therein lies the problem. It is difficult to find out exactly how much they owe and how they pay it.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article228821704.html

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You can't make this **** up.

You know she got **** on her phone and computer, What's the over and under for members of congress being charged?

10?

I think I will go under

If I include staff members I think we can be over 10.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I totally agree, I turned it of not even halfway.

But there is an appetite for this stuff on both sides.

Stop catering to the cheap seats just get **** done.

R0ckets03 and B-Bob like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

B-Bob likes this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It’s being renamed Fallujah DC

Hakeemtheking and mdrowe00 like this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

One guy, who was arrested the night of the Capitol riots, committed suicide by gun. He was charged with breaking curfew and unlawful entry. I think his name is Chris Stanton Georgia and he was a married father of two daughters.

I think what we are going to be seeing, unfortunately, is a lot of these arrestees committing suicide because this really is a life-changing situation for each individual charged. They go from stability to overwhelming anxiety of being charged, losing job, doing prison time, and being a felon.

I do believe a lot of good people got caught up in the moment and lost their heads. And, Trump is a big reason why because his lies and rhetoric are literally causing people to be consumed by an anger they have never known...as these people listen to and eat up whatever he says as the gospel and truth. That's what the power of suggestion does coming from a con artist like Trump. And, now, they are basically abandoned by the man they fought to save.

It's just a sad situation. Enjoy the civil suits forthcoming, Mr. Trump.

#2073 Surfguy, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dis is wut a Biden Dictatorship luks liek!!!

Amiga and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The thing is that most Americans want America to be America. It will look different, and it will change how we treat everyone who isn't a white looking male.

But the get rich quick competition, endless overconsumption, and merciless "I paid my dues, you should too" mentality is all still there.

I don't know if they're worried about slippery slopes or whatever. The brainwashing from decades of indoctrination is doing its thing though.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  16. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

While I agree it may not be the best tactic, I really don't think it has anything to do with demonizing the other side. Like all our political conflicts of the past, whether it be slavery, civil rights etc....it will have to be white people that change other white peoples minds. POC have a role but we're not bringing this group off the ledge.

CometsWin and mdrowe00 like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There's also a bunch of really bad people with long criminal rap sheets or histories of violent pathological conduct who were involved. And many who did so using a badge. The rest dove deep into QA craziness.

Let's get real, they look more like you and me so it's more natural for you to sympathize with them as victims of an immoral svengali, which they were to an extent. Nobody really said that about the 9-11 hijackers. But it's the same rhetoric, the same goal, and the same culpability for a lot of these people

Blatz, malakas and mdrowe00 like this.
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

These people have ruined their lives. For what? What did they think they were going to accomplish? They'd stop the count, Trump would remain president, and they'd get pardons and parades? What was their hale-bopp comet? How can so many people be under this spell, living in a fictional world?

mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They want to establish a white, evangelical Christian autocracy. Trump harnessed the movement but he did not start it.

Make America 1780s great.

VooDooPope, dc rock and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Our species is very prone to this. Cognitive scientists are starting to think more of the brain is wired to keep tribal cohesion than for pure logic. I mean, seems obvious right?

gifford1967, dc rock and Ubiquitin like this.