1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

That's all we need is 1 generational talent. Silas needs to lock down a badass 10-11 man rotation system. Basically build a GS. Lol. Everybody be practicing shooting 3pointers from 30+ feet these days. Maybe China can genetically engineer a person who can shoot three's blindfolded.

Reeko likes this.
  2. ilias

ilias Member

Indeed. I see MPJ as a 3 at this stage in his career.

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I see what you did there...

4. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I don’t think he can guard threes either

saleem likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That means Oladipo is damaged goods. Well, at least he is on a expired contract...
    @ApacheWarrior @Nook

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. saleem

Correct.

Deckard likes this.
  7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Our team is a rehab center now.

8. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

VO is barely 2nd team material - of course we will start him because we have no choice. The other 2 are utter scrubs, waive immediately.

saleem likes this.
  9. mig0s

mig0s Member

We would be maybe 7th seed with Harden and second round exit. Not much of a difference

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I feel bad for C Wood and Silas.....but they knew this might happen. Welcome aboard The P Tilman Titanic

saleem likes this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Does anyone know if experiencing a ruptured quad tendon is any “better” than a ruptured Achilles?

This sneaky Tilman. He may secretly hope they all get hurt again to claim the insurance!

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Trade is genius the more I think about it, a chance to see what we really have right now and flexibility for the future.

delta69er likes this.
  13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

GottaHaveHeart and B-Bob like this.
  14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Lol, you clearly haven't seen him perform this year. He's not "barely second team material". Just gauging off FPPM for DFS purposes, the guy is producing at more than 1 fantasy point per minute with Brogdon & Sabonis zapping usage. He was in a logjam in IND, but I'm not saying he will mesh here but it's WAY too early to be critiquing a guy you probably haven't seen play this year. From what I've seen, he seems to be getting back to his old self.

He is coming off injuries, is an expiring so at the very least he will get quality run on a team not expected to compete for a title. RE if we sign him, that's really dependent on how he performs. If he doesn't mesh all that well, we could very well deal him for more assets.

sammy likes this.
  15. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Most importantly. ..does this trade allow us to resign G3rald Gr$$n immediately?

PTX likes this.
  16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Does he even want to come back anymore?

saleem likes this.
  17. saleem

True, the worst part isn't Harden. It's the interference from TF and PF. They will trade the 1st pick for the 5th and the 8th in order to save money. Harden deserves a lot of blame too for quitting.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Poor Victor, always being traded for other stars

19. Sen89

Sen89 Member

My thing is, even if your write off the doubts about Oladipo's health and getting back to his '17-'18 play, as well as the possibility that Brooklyn could very well be at or near the top of the East for the foreseeable future (meaning those picks are late), I still wonder:

How did we manage to not get a rim-protector or a quality 3/D wing (6'8"ish)? We traded one of the best players in the league, we should've gotten at least a Jarrett Allen caliber C back with Oladipo (maybe even Allen himself).

This felt like a panic deal. I know we had to get Harden out ASAP, and the offers on the table might have not been what they'd be if we traded him before the public request, but I think we could've waited a few days to really talk with teams like Philly, Toronto etc. That overlaps with one game, where Harden can sit if it's not done yet. Even if Brooklyn was the only end destination for Harden, I'm sure we could've gotten a better player out of a 3rd team than Oladipo. Hope he proves me wrong though, he was really great on both ends in '17-'18. He was only 25 then, maybe this recharges his career (assuming he's 100%).

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member