1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[poll] Winner(s) of the Harden trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 13, 2021.

?

[poll] Winner(s) of the Harden trade.

1. Tilman - gets to save money on expiring contract and didn't have to deal to Morey

82 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. Stone - he gets to have more picks to play with.

44 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Nets - big three of the EAST, more of a lock to contend?

78 vote(s)
    41.9%
  4. Harden - a chance to contend for the 'ship.

58 vote(s)
    31.2%
  5. Rocket fans - because new era?

22 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Pacers ?

18 vote(s)
    9.7%
  7. Other

7 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Cavs

14 vote(s)
    7.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cousins can't catch a break.

saleem likes this.
  2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You never know. At this point the things he's done have been pretty good with what he was left with. Theres no point in being a pessimist. Blame Harden he made his trade value go down and he screwed us. Might as well hope for the best and look at the bright side of things.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I disagree.

I think he will be motivated and chuck up as many shoots as he can and hope someone like Marc Gasol will suffer a season ending injury.

joshuaao likes this.
  4. SeabrookMiglla

I'm finished with the James Harden show, ready for a new team build.

I wish Morey was still with us to be honest, but we will see how Stone can build a team.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Don't sleep on Christian Wood. Wood was doing so well with Harden.

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Im glad Harden is gone, but this is definitely not the return I was hoping for. We got a bunch of picks, which I love, but basically no good young players at all. Exum is nothing special, Oladipo will almost certainly get traded (if not allowed to walk as a free agent), and Kurucs is averaging half a point a game and hasn’t done anything special with his career so far either. I mean, ****, this is a pretty underwhelming package unless Stoner somehow hits a home run or two in the draft. What it does do, however, is potentially save the owner a bunch of money. I really don’t want to believe that was the plan here, but it’s hard not to be suspicious given his recent history. I guess I’m basically just seriously underwhelmed at the moment with what we ended up with in return for James freakin’ Harden. He screwed us big time. The winner here seems to be Tilman.

Corpusfan and bj3175 like this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

dude Stone is cold man. He has made better deals than Morey because he is better than Morey. Daryl will regret not paying the tax to Tillman. Now his team will have some major competition.

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Brooklyn will be in the lottery in 24, 26 most likely

9. riko

riko Member

Based on what calculations even at 33 and KD at 34 they are both good enough to keep a team good

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Pacers getting LeVert for Oladipo is a great move. Oladipo wanted out anyway and LeVert is already a better player and younger. I'm disappointed we didn't get at least a 2nd from Indiana in that deal.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

This is like calling the race when the horses have just emerged from the starting gate. Who won and lost will be based on results.

If Harden gets a couple rings in Brooklyn, he wins. If he is 37 and still has no rings, he lost.

As for Houston, those saying we lost because we didn't get a superstar in return have to realize we were not ever going to. Whether Houston won or not rests squarely on what those picks amount to. I will add that although Houston's immediate future looks worse compared to what a dedicated Harden could have brought us, our future (2+ years from now and beyond) looks considerably brighter (potentially).

As for the Nets, they are obviously all in. I would say they won if they can pick up 2 titles over the next 4 years. 1 title, meh, ok. None, and they lost.

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

You may need to look again.........KD is 36 in 2024 and Harden will be 35

13. riko

riko Member

You said 24 months.that is two years. Harden is 31 and KD 32 . So that is 33 and 34

14. TimDuncanDonaut

I know some folks aren't high on Silas since recent games. Still kind of feel bad for the guy. If the Rockets tank, his career coaching win-loss record is going to take a real hit.

Not ideal when starting a head coaching job. Down the road, if he wants jobs with other teams, these things could blemish the resume.

#54 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I like the deal for everybody except Houston, and Stone that guy is ****ed.

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

read again.........i never said months, i said "most likely"

my quote is "Brooklyn will be in the lottery in 24, 26 most likely"

17. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Tilman won right now $$
    If Brooklyn can beat LA twice they won
    The Pacers made out like bandits
    The Rockets can move forward and hopefully make the playoffs to avoid top 5 Lotto

Overall, I'm sad the Harden era has concluded. I hope Stoner is better than Morey at drafting

As long as Tilman is owner our happiness as Rox fans will be minimal. That's depressing. I wish Les never sold the team to him.

saleem likes this.
  18. riko

riko Member

Oh my bad. I thought u said months.

kingkingston likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Only ones could cheer for KD and Harden.......what a treat.

20. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We should trade with Philly, but we know that was never going to happen