1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden FU thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Rockets4Life13

It's literally the exact same, lol.
    Unbelieveable how people still say he didn't quit

Denovo, fchowd0311, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that was larger frustration - a few night ago he said this could be really special.

3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Thanks James for being a great leader and professional. Er Wait..

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's just let it play out.

I surely did not say FU.

Ramo$e and JayGoogle like this.
  5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Harden is wrong. It's ok to acknowledge it. Tilman didn't help the situation but he didn't create it Harden couldn't get out of his own way long before Tilman bought the team.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're right. So why are CFers trying to apply normal standards to these players? I'm not sure which point you're trying to argue or what side you're on, but I've already seen many posters say the exact same thing.

Something like "if I did what Harden does at my very normal job, I would most definitely be fired." Well, yeah...that's how it works for normal people in normal situations. But professional basketball players are not normal people.

These players signed a contract - one that both sides agree to. Teams can trade the player (and by virtue, the contract) to another team at whatever time they deem appropriate. Teams do what is best for them, at that time.

So why can't players?

Also, this isn't like Harden just signed a 5 year max deal or something, and is complaining 10 games into the season about how he hates it here. He's given this city and the franchise 8 years and his prime. Move on.

HP3 likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Harden has every right to ask for a trade.
    He has every right to feel that the team isn't good enough to win and that moving on is the best outcome.

What Harden isn't right about - is how he chose to go about it. He chose to be an ass and not show up to training camp and individual workouts.

He chose to be a selfish irresponsible covid truther by ignoring multiple times, not only nba covid protocols, but societal ones.

Harden chose to show up disinterested and out of shape... to publicly degrade his teammates.

Instead of acting like Hakeem did when he wanted to be traded ( with professionalism and honor ) Harden chose to act like an entitled, spoiled and selfish toddler.

abaker28 likes this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is a big chapter in a book and that chapter is about to close.

11. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Washed up. GTFO

12. SuraGotMadHops

I for one am ready to see him go.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

We don’t disagree on much here. Your point was why can’t they be human like the rest of us when we are upset. My counterpoint was, one of the rules in their business is don’t b**** and moan about teammates, because no matter how unhappy you may be, you are getting paid ungodly sums of money to play a kids game. Normal people don’t have that luxury when they are unhappy at a job. I couldn’t just whine until I was moved to another company and keep the same employment contract. So yes, suck it up and be quiet about your displeasure, you big baby! :D

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm going to go take a giant **** in the middle of his restaurant just like he took a giant **** on this coach, this team, this season, and his trade value. JH13 reviews incoming, don't eat here because spiteful, chubby, rats roam the hallways.

15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

He just wasn’t professional enough. He didn't, obviously, chemistry-wise, leadership-wise, just everything. It was clear these last few games. We loved this guy. We did everything we could. A Hall of Fame talent, always working on his game. But he was never a leader. It’s something that I don’t think you can fix.

That statement is no more unfair than Harden's.

We're lucky to have had this amazing player. And I'm sorry to see him go out this way.

Zergling likes this.
  16. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

He is no Kobe Bryant thats for sure.

17. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

And...?

18. maw7079_2000

maw7079_2000 Member

Harden was telling the truth. It’s ok Houston. He gave Rocket fans 8 great years where they were relevant and right there. Let the man move on and not rot away. Rockets gonna kill in 2030!

19. Know Your Role

Rockets Disrespect Pantheon: Scottie Pippen and James Harden. JH13. Empty Stat stuffing at an MVP level. Run to broken KD and Irving. Run to knee 'splosions. Retire with the Nets, don't come back here looking for pity pretending all is forgiven. #33 and #13 are hereby stricken from the record.

20. Fantasma Negro