1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Win or lose how exciting with the Rockets be this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Jan 13, 2021.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

you're assuming the Nets will stay at the top of the ECF. Give it 1 year max and it will implode and those picks are going to be GOLD

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So that's what they deserve credit for? Gambling that the nets will have a full on disastrous implosion in the very near future? Sorry I'm not very enthusiastic about the likelihood of that, nor do I think it deserves any credit or praise.

3. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

It'll be so so so refreshing routing for losing instead of winning. We've been competitive for almost as long as I've been a Rockets fan. For once it'll be nice to come out of a game happy no matter what the result. I'm excited to be relevant come draft season again. I'm excited to get hyped over any growth in young players. I'm excited to be happy getting blown out. If we weren't winning the ship anyway why not just reeaaally not win.

4. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

One of the biggest assets that the Rox have is Christian Wood. No one saw that coming did they? He can develop very well in the current climate on the future with Harden gone. Be patient. Trust, it will work out

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Well... I don't think there would have been a good deal regardless (I Mean maybe closer to the deadline..) but this team was already looking like a train wreck, and I think a pissed off harden would be more entertaining than where we're at now.

Maybe the picks jumpstart the rebuild and maybe in 5-10+ years houston will be really good again, but without a different owner willing to spend I feel that it's more than an end of an Era with Harden being traded. Even Les coming in didn't derail the franchise like this...

Only hope is the current roster somehow gelling but I think this team as currently constructed won't make the playoffs in the West, so it'll be a long time before houston is back to even the hopeful tmac/Yao years (if I'm wrong - well I'm still only a houston fan so I'd rather be wrong but trying to be realistic as I've watched so many seasons of houston sports in general that I'm preparing for the norm, maybe something crazy happens though). With Harden this year they'd probably have made the 2nd round - so I guess it really doesn't matter.

I'd basically have preferred to have watched this go down in flames though, than now inevitably waiting to be good again. I mean at least it'd have been entertaining, harden didn't even dump a trashcan over or kick the ball into the stands yet. I honestly think the realization of what's coming - no national televised games or being relevant is going to suck. I mean let me put it this way, we complain about the national media hating on the Rockets, but now we won't be mentioned and that's when it really sucks. You know a houston team is doing something right when the national media is worried (obviously we already saw the writing on the wall though just seeing the schedule that was released at the start of the season).

Anyway houston fan forever, even if the team sucks I'll still only watch the Rockets, so when the good times come back - it makes it that much better.

GreatOne1978 likes this.
  6. quaczar

quaczar Member

#freemasonjones