1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden trade thoughts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Did you like the trade?

1. Yes

42.2%
  2. No

57.8%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The franchise who gave up harden. We are gonna b every teams btch for years to come.
    But hey we will get to see team play.

HP3 likes this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it, either. Provided Stone can move Eric Gordon’s contract for an expiring deal by the trade deadline, the Rockets could have $42 million in cap space this summer, and received eight new picks or upgrades for the future. As long as they also move Oladipo by the trade deadline, they should end up with at least 9 potential new first-round picks or pick upgrades from the trade. They should also be able to get a first from a contender for P.J. Tucker by the trade deadline.

I just wish there was at least one player on a rookie contract with upside coming back.

#62 DVauthrin, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    ak99999 likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's a lot of overreaction and assumptions on some of these picks. We all know things can change at the drop of dime and year to year. Are the nets damn good right now yes. but we have no idea what's going to happen a year and change down the road. The rockets aren't worried about the near/immediate future. They shouldn't be. It's going to be a very long time before the rockets become respectively good again. guys might go down which happens a lot. kyrie does what kyrie does. The fact that the rockets control the nets draft for the next 7 years is a huge plus. There window is capped at a few years at most and their guys are pass 30. At some point, the rockets will see the benefits from it.

harold bingo likes this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No. But honestly did we expect Stone, Patrick and Tilman to do anything different?

HP3 likes this.
  5. finsraider

finsraider Member

he’s worth more as a player for 1 year than as an expiring contract. It will be a massive waste if we don’t move him.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Cheap ass owner leading us to the promise land, in your dreams. But at least we can look forward to the drafting.

HP3 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

never said anything about that dumbass. he's an idiot. That'll never change

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yes, hate our owner, but the trade was as good as you can get for a disgruntled superstar.

bro2044 and BamBam like this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I like how you predicted the NBA Landscape 5,6 years from now. Tell me you thought the Lakers will be on their way to back to back championships in 2015, and Durant and Harden are in Brooklyn.

The Brooklyn big 3 all become free agents in 1.5 years time btw.

joshuaao likes this.
  10. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

THIS!!! How did we give Harden exactly what he wanted and we get screwed with all these low first round picks? WTF?!? Obviously we are just trying to save money because our owner is broke. This is a freaking travesty. We are going to be terrible for at least a decade or maybe we’re the new Charlotte Hornets.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Let this sink in for all you dramatic folks

The GS dynasty at best had a 4-5 year run which included having to add KD. This is with their core all in their mid/upper 20s and prime years. Look what happened a year ago. They ended up with the #2 pick. I'm sure nobody wanted that GS pick prior and everyone assume it was going to suck

Some of yall are acting like the nets are going to be dominate for the next 7 years. There best players are pass 30 and 2 having suffered injuries as of late. All 3 can be FA's in 2022. nothing says they're 100% all staying. They could win a title this year and/or next and bounce

The rockets aren't going to be good anytime soon so it doesn't matter if this years pick isn't that good.

Relax. There's a ton of lazy thinking and kneejerk going ion

#71 YOLO, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    joshuaao likes this.
  12. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

For the pick swaps, I'm only predicting that the rockets will be bad, isn't that fair? Aren't we going to rebuild? If we'll be rebuilding, that means the pick swaps won't really be useful. I think it's also safe to assume the bucks will be good in 2022, so that is a late pick.

So what we're really looking at is 2022, 2024, and 2026 picks. Can I assume the nets will be good next year? If they're good next year then the picks of potential value are 2024 and 2026. In 2024 they will probably be good, maybe not, and then 2026 is totally up in the air. Maybe in 2027 the nets are trash and we could swap into the lottery for that one too.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be upset with the value here. Hearing "4 swaps and 4 picks" sounds good on paper until you think about it.

Deckard and HP3 like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

We got bent over.

14. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Those are going to be late picks, more than likely.

15. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Thanks for the memories, Beard.

Best of luck in Brooklyn - where you’ll get to be someone else’s ball-hogging, strip club loving, playoff choking, team chemistry problem.

Oh, and here’s to hoping you don’t destroy your friendship with KD also (since you have a tendency to do that too)

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I was high on landing Brown. I think Brown could have immediately been plugged into the team and made the team a playoff team. I think with him our defense between John Wall and Brown would have been an immediate team improvement. Brown also could play really well off ball with Wall, he is also young on a good contract.

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Brooklyn is going to be drama city soon enough.

ChumpCity likes this.
  18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's fair, but even with a very optimistic outlook, like half of these picks will be bad, and the swaps will be useless. There's really no way the bucks pick is bad, we know the 2021 swap won't be used, and I really can't imagine the 2023 swap being used. Unless there is some crazy disaster with the nets they'll be fine in 2022 as well. So the most hopeful return we're getting here if we're being honest is maybe they implode and we get a lottery swap in 2025, 2027, and picks in 2024, 2026.

That would obviously be great value for us during a rebuild, but I just hate the idea of gambling on a championship level team to implode for the trade to be any good. We were all sitting here debating if we would rather have Simmons, Siakam, Brown, MPJ...and instead we got nothing. It just sucks.

HP3 likes this.
  19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Might as well call us the Houston Wizards!

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We need to be at least decent this year so OKC can't swap with us. No tanking for now.

We should hope Harden and KD both decline rapidly so the Nets suck for the next 5 years.