1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden traded to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2021.

?

Do you like the James Harden trade?

This poll will close on Jan 13, 2026 at 4:17 PM.
  1. YES

32.1%
  2. NO

25.8%
  3. Ask me again in 5 years

38.9%
  4. Abstain

3.2%
  1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I really would have liked to have seen them get at least one promising young player on a value contract with years remaining. Otherwise, I'm ok with it.

mikol13, Denovo, Caesar and 2 others like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Important to remember that the 2022 draft is being hyped as one of the deepest ever since it will essentially be a "double draft" (two years worth of prospects entering due to the NBA’s changed eligibility rules) and we have the unprotected Nets pick along with our own that year. Also worth remembering that KD and Kyrie have player options after next season, and either could decline for a multitude of reasons.

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I dont hate harden, him being an ******* this season softened this blow. Hopefully him and kyrie together are a **** show lol I think these picks will be clutch. They need to trade away tuck and possibly ego.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Didn’t think so. I just speculated because i believe the first game he sat coincided with the announcement.

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I.... ummm... I can’t

persian hoopa and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You want this at the expense of a lower first round pick?

I'm sorry, but I want that Nets team to collapse.

7. fchowd0311

We still have Watson. He's the second most valuable asset in the NFL.

8. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

So do we re-sign Gerald Green at least?

9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I don't like this trade simply because I think you could have received the same number of meaningful picks + CJ from POR (and even that deal I didn't want). CJ is locked up long-term and is the better player IMO. However, if Stone plans to flip Oladipo at the deadline to a team for a younger potential All-Star (like MPJ or Herro, for instance), then I'll be in.

Look at what NOLA got back for AD and what OKC got for PG - significantly better packages. This is what a top 5 player netted us?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Commitment to mediocrity.”

KEEP WORKING RUHFELL

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I don't get all the doom and gloom. Clutch and Bimathug seem to be on board. If the picks were protected, then yes this would be a disaster.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did we get ANY HEIGHT??

Rocket River

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Exactly. Are y'all forgetting that this is the Nets? I give 'em a year and a half till implosion...

Then we win this trade.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I feel like the Oladipo move was really to not lose Wall & Cousins just yet this early in the season. At least now they have someone coming in that they can see if he can help them win and maybe make the playoffs.

I don't think it'll work though, and I feel for Cousins and Wall. I would add Boogie to the list of players that could be traded along with Gordon, PJ, and of course Oladipo.

If Oladipo looks good though this could be a pretty damn fun team to watch. The Wall/Wood pick and roll could be a potable start to a fun team that can compete with anyone but not a true contender.

This is likely the beginning of a full blown rebuild though. We'll see what happens next with PJ, EG, Oladipo, and Cousins. Hopefully they are good enough to keep together till the Summer and maybe make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, from 2009

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Set an example?

Kyrie
    AD
    Kawhi

Say high.

BHannes2BHonest and Reeko like this.
  17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Its done - the Rockets and James Harden will move on. Harden brought to this franchise so many things that we have not seen in 20 years. I will remember him for that and will be rooting for him to win a ring with the Nets.

It was clear things were coming to a head - its a whole new era for Houston - No Morey, No Les, No Harden. Everything is new and can start fresh. That is somewhat nice actually. It will be great to root for a homegrown rookie again like we did with Francis, Yao, Landry, Scola, etc etc in the past 20 years. But dont get me wrong it sucks that it may be another 20 years till we reach the WCF again.

AroundTheWorld and htwnbandit like this.
  18. fchowd0311

I know they are rebuilding and I hope they rebuild with high draft picks from a failed Nets team.

The unexpected failure of the Deron Williams, Pierce, Garnett Nets is what the Celtics their successful rebuild.

19. HardenVolumeOne

wow the talk on social media is that we lost the trade... DO YOU AGREE

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Paul George literally signed a new contract with OKC, and then turns around and says to trade him to the Clippers, and he got what he wanted

Harden is just the latest in a long line of stars

BHannes2BHonest, dcfma and jiggyfly like this.
  21. Mr. Space City

If you keep rolling the dice on broken down players, eventually you’re gonna crap out.