1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Well, assuming we flip Oladipo for some picks, which teams do you think we're definitively better than this year? Pistons, yes; Wizards probably. KAT is back and Wolves will be much better. Maybe you can put Cavs, Bulls, and Knicks in the mix. So it's like 6 teams fighting for 3 bottom spots. If we trade Tucker, load manage Wall, trade Oladipo, I don't think this is impossible.

2. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Your servers are melting down, what’s the consensus here?

from a pick perspective it’s a haul but tbd ab the rest

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This is my problem too. I am okay that we didn't keep Allen since I am not sure I want to be the team paying him $20+ mil this offseason but feel like we should have gotten more for him than a Milwaukee 1st round pick + Exum.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rockets desperately need to clear capspace and it ain't happening cuz EG seems untradable. Jarret Allen only looks good cuz of his age and he plays in the LEASTern conference, if you actually do a deep dive on what he can do yeah he's a good player but he is extremely limited, like a Capela clone but worse since he can't guard the perimeter like Capela. All he can do is dunk and PnR on offense, he can't shoot and he has 0 post skills. On defense he blocks and clogs the paint but isn't elite at either. Hartenstein would give you 80% of what Allen does at only 3M a year. Not a big loss and prob even a blessing in disguise since you'd def have to overpay to keep him around.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Both Caris LeVert and Victor Oladipo are worth first-round picks, which is part of the reason they were traded for each other. The other reason is Indiana is never going to be a popular free-agent destination nor do they have cap space right now, so they decided that acquiring LaVert on a long-term deal for Oladipo was better than letting Oladipo leave for nothing in the offseason.

As long as Oladipo stays healthy, the Rockets should be able to get a first-round pick for him at the trade deadline. This isn’t an Andre Drummond situation like last season.

BigM likes this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

30 million expiring on Oladipo+Exum's contracts in the deal

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

yes he is, if you play him centre, wood can play PF(which he is probably more suited)

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ability to shoot from last season's stats and highlights.[/QUOTE]

Why do the rockets desperately need to clear capspace? The annual chase for LTS?

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

What are your thoughts on this trade? I always like your takes.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

that’s the real trade right there

GottaHaveHeart likes this.
  11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The positive in the trade is the Rockets essentially cleared Harden’s entire contract without taking back any long-term salary, which will enable them to be a free agency player in the future. That said, I’m disappointed they didn’t get a young player or players back on rookie contracts as part of the package.

GottaHaveHeart and Boston84 like this.
  12. lalala902102001

This is the start of a complete rebuild. Too bad we don't own our own first round draft picks due to the disastrous Westbrook trade. These BRK picks won't mean anything until 2026 at the earliest.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

There are some CF posters trying to convince themselves that Oladipo is either on par with, or better than, James Harden.

Oh lord.

@Reeko @Os Trigonum I'm about to bully some people. Hold me back!

Roomba and snowconeman22 like this.
  14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Where is Jarrett Allen playing? Where were his minutes? He needed a place to truly shine IMO and it wasn't in Houston splitting minutes with Cousins like he was doing with DJ. This is a blessing for him and I'm glad he's been performing well. It seems he has gotten over the bug of fouling at a high rate.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Not sure all the hate for Oladipo other than the injury he’s a career 36% from 3 and three years younger than Harden.

Obviously he’s not anywhere near as good as Harden but it’s an intriguing piece to either keep or flip.

Will be interesting do we trade all the vets like Victor, Gordon, and Tucker or do we try and make the playoffs?

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

All the unprotected picks was key. This is much better than a Simmons haul. From the two choices. And you get a oladipo expiring off the books

rockets went with the massively better option for the future. How it plays out is anyone’s guess. But controlling the nets draft for the next 7 years will pay off at some point

17. anchel

anchel Member

With the swaps being unprotected as well, we basically got 7 unprotected 1st round picks. Watch out.
    For starts, Durant's contract expires in 2023, when Harden's prime has passed.
    We'll see what happens in Brooklyn from then to 2027.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

HAHAHAHA

Imagine looking at this whole trade package, and thinking anything other than Tilman Fertitta is an utter f*cking c*nt.

Is it sinking in yet for people just how f*cked this organisation is for the next decade at least with this clown at the helm?

Vik likes this.
  19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Who can you put around wood in the 2021 Free Agency?

20. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Don't agree with that one bit RE DIpo being as good as Harden but it's the assets and complete owning of the Nets unprotected picks till 2028 that does it for me.

Nets have a clock and it just started. They have two years, maybe sooner, before it potentially implodes. They need to win a ring in that time frame or Harden walks.

They are aging stars.