1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Harden Deal could culminate quickly!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Puppet Master, Jan 13, 2021.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Don't think Oladipo or Indy is involved but would they be a team that would want Simmons? Rockets could flip Simmons to Indy for Oladipo + McDermott as expirings + 2-3 unprotected picks? Rockets would also get Maxey + 2 unprotected 1sts (from Philly) + 2 swaps (from Philly). If you don't plan on resigning Oladipo in the offseason then trade him to highest bidder at trade deadline for more assets or make an offer for Beal + all the picks we just got?

I really hope a 3rd team is involved in order for us to get the type of return that the franchise needs in order to do a proper rebuild for losing an all-time great in his prime.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This didn't just start happening today.

Before pre-season this was all going on. We know what teams are willing to offer. They've been competing

3. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

They want this to be done. Everyone wants this done. He’s played his last game. He isn’t playing tomorrow vs SA, so get this done today and see if you can get some of the new players for the game tomorrow. TNT game, too...gonna be lots of talk tomorrow either way.

final game will likely be 5/16 for 16 points... gave up on his team... and then threw them under the bus afterward

4. conquistador#11

what about Harden +gordon+ Tucker for Tatum and fodder . Guaranteed 3 Eastern Conference championship appearances for the Celtics! Will they win them, probably not but make the trade, ahorita, Boston.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol he actually posted this.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BURT LIVES

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

How do we go from Harden wanting to build with the team to this? Now everyone knows that we are on limited time so we can't ask for as much. Maybe this was Harden's plan all along

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Miami wants Kyrie according to who? :D

9. dmoneybangbang

This. I would also imagine teams have been competing against each other behind the scenes. I think the Rockets don't mind sitting Harden out, but I'm not sure what Adam Silver will say if he sits out for months. I am all for sitting Harden until we get a worthy deal.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden still under contract Silas told him to stay home. If teams want to wait it out for 2 years.. okay.. lol

11. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Guys let’s get real it’s not Indiana or one of these other teams. It’s Philly. It’s been Philly. It’ll be Philly. Only outside shot dark horse are Toronto and denver.

he’s going to Philly

BigM likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't really think the Pacers have the pieces to get Harden, unless they trade Sabonis, and they won't, what i expect them to do is to trade for Hayward later in the season, Charlotte is also without a center and a shooting guard so, think about Turner and Oladipo (a player Charlotte could actually be able to keep if they pay him) for Hayward and Bridges or PJ Washington, something like that.

13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I wish people weren’t so cryptic on this forum.

Boston84 likes this.
  14. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I think the reason to make the deal now could be the potential ramifications of Harden being away from team for a long period of time. Would he go to a team in worse shape than he is in now? I mean maybe its not a main factor but worth thinking about.

15. HROZ

HROZ Member

Happy to trade for Summons & pieces.
    Add Tucker from our end & Green from their end.
    To match salary

They can have Cabuclo & Clemons as well.
    Maxey Thybulle are very tempting too.
    Ferguson Korkmaz Milton are Decent young pieces too.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

See New Orleans where Silver practically forced them to play Davis...but that was when there were fans in the stadium and Silver just wanted NOP fans to have a reason to come to games.

Yeah, I don't think they'll be allowed to do that unless Harden+ the team sell some kind of injury. I doubt Harden is a Rocket by next week if reports are true. They have the deals lined up now and are just trying to squeeze as much as they can from the deal they want and making sure no one has a last minute 'must take' deal.

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I was wondering if they would want to get Simmons (not Harden) due to the lower cost of assets. Wondering if we can/will send Simmons to a team like Indy that can offer us more picks and expiring contracts so we don't have to experience Wall and Simmons although I do find some intrigue if Simmons can play as a 5 in our offense.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin O’Connor:

Brooklyn is offering 7 first round picks(including swaps) in addition to pieces to make salaries work
    Things quiet last 20-30 minutes
    Sixers/Rockets haggling over other pieces; I’d bet on them if it’s one of these two teams

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

20. jayydela

jayydela Member

Notice how Dantoni is on one team and Morey on the other

JayGoogle likes this.