1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: “We’re just not good enough....”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harden would have a ring if not for a hamstring

Rocket River

BigM likes this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

In your dreams. How did Lebron do with ingram ball and Kuzma lol. Yeah that's what I thought. lebron just quit half way through the season when they were still in the playoffs racw

Verbal Christ and joshuaao like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He at least made it halfway through the season, Harden quit before the season ever started. This Rockets team has more talent than that Lakers team did and yet they aren't going to make the playoffs due to Harden actively sabotaging the team.

fchowd0311 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah I didn't know AD was coming to the Rockets next season, I'm sure Harden would have made it more than half way through the season as well.

What objective opinion do you have that proves we have a playoffs roster. We have 3 guys coming off of achilles injuries, a prospect big that has played 30 meaningful games in Detroit and a guy that was playing in Australia last year. Don't even get me started on Eric Gordon.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The entire team is built on the premise that Harden is a superstar player, the fact that it looks bad when that player is refusing to try doesn't mean that it would look that way if that player was a legitimate superstar.

Bashing everyone else because they can't carry the team by themselves with Harden actively sabotaging them is foolish.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

No I'm just skeptical about whether that's true.

Don't take shots at me because you post information that's untrue or outdated.

We'll see on the Harden trade thing.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I believe he is stating your skepticism is a result of said balls in your mouth. As in if news that was favorable of Harden came out, that same skepticism wouldn't be there.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That’s why they call them opinions, maybe try being a bit more nuanced with your replies and you won’t come off like a dick.

The Texans hadn’t asked to interview EB for weeks and I mention it in a post a few hours after they finally request an interview.

“try to keep up” - dick

I post an opinion about the harden situation

“lol ok” - dick

See how that works?

I gave you a pass on the first one. Don’t be a dick and you won’t be treated like one.

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I believe you have no idea what my skepticism was about at all.

Continue with your idiotic straw man argument or idk, maybe go back and read the original post I was replying to a specifically highlighted.

10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I fall into this category too. Now, f him. He will not be well-remembered in Rockets history now. He didn't show up on time or in shape, he didn't play well (his energy and movement is severely lacking, whether he has the ball or not), and he decided to say this in a post-game press conference. Yes, Tillman is a huge problem as well, but Harden has shown his character and I can live without it. Ship him somewhere else where he will also not win a title as he fades on the biggest stages and never thrives when the game is on the line. I've loved and defended him for a long time, but you can tell when he is unmotivated, and right now he is without his swagger... and thats not due to a new coach and new players. You can still hustle, lead, and move no matter who the coach is, and this is yet another moment where Harden is shrinking when his team needs him.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

From “They aint even that good”
    to “We aint even that good”

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. bro2044

bro2044 Member

There's a lot of space between saying nothing and saying he thinks our roster can't be fixed. This is some Trump-level defense. Someone saying something stupid is not defensible just because they're being honest.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The team is bad and he's the last band member left. He should have been traded this summer. Keeping him here hoping he was going to "change his mind" was stupid and bad management. It was compounded by James coming in out of shape which still baffles me since you asked to be traded.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

There's absolutely no proof that the supporting cast even with Harden we have can win games. Tucker and Gordon are not 2018 Tucker and Gordon anymore. That championship squad is gone and we have gone down hill ever since. Harden isn't 28 anymore either and it's obvious he has lost some athletic abilities since then. What he did to score 1 million points to win games like previous years is not something we should look to reproduce anyway.

I also think that Harden is severely overated by even the people bashing him. People won't admit that he's no longer the MVP carry from 2,3 or 4 years ago. You are seeing the writing on the way even last year when he had that huge slump. His ability to blow by people and finish have really declined, and he's really overly relying on his step back 3's to make up for this. I think Harden's play making ability is still top notch, but can he still win games with random players, I don't think so. We didn't do all that well in the regular season last year if you guys remember, we were hovering in 6th seed.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sag champ

16. JW86

JW86 Member

That quote comparison from before and after the game is priceless. Him saying we have a chance to do something special, are basically good enough, to now not being good enough. It's not about whether it's true or not, people debating that are truly missing the point. It's obviously about his attitude and that even if you feel that way, which is not that crazy to say, you don't come out and say that. It reflects poorly on you, your attitude and totally justifies people who've basically questioned his effort, the whole party and late for camp fiasco etc.

People who are still saying Harden is okay in saying this, he gave it his best and he's out basically cleared of any criticism are just beyond delusional. You cannot even accept this from anyone, especially with everything else he said. He's done, it's obvious and while I'm happy he's finally come out and said it, he's not above criticism and it is kind of weak to do it like this. If it leads to him sent home then there's a least some light in the darkness that is this press conference and what it means.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Like I said he won’t make it through the year

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This type of **** is why I don't really post here anymore.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Trump is an idiot and there is a difference..........i said the truth, Trump doesn't. It is as if people don't like hearing the truth in case it hurts other people's feelings

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member