1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We felt that it was best for the group and best for James not to come to practice."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2021.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, this didn't even happen with Tmac. Tmac at least played every other game that year.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

tinman likes this.
  3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

4. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Harden played his last game in a Rockets uniform last night.

BigM, Lloyd Estacio, Caesar and 3 others like this.
  5. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Dude is a baby and NOT professional to air his teamates out like that. I get what hes done for the Org/city, but what he did to his teamates he doesnt deserve to be celabrated here for a looonngg while...

6. YaoMingsSoulja

This is good! I believe this team is playoff material without Harden. You throw EG into the starting lineup and he can get u at least 20 a night. Couple that with Wall dominating the ball a bit more and you can easily replace Hardens scoring. I think Silas has a real chance now to prove he is a good coach with the guys who actually buy into the system and come out every night ready to compete. Remember, Cousins and Wall are playing with a chip on their shoulder, they have something to prove coming back from their injuries, and they've looked good to say the least. Wood and EG should have something to prove as well. I believe Harden's goal every night was to come out and force a trade, and I think he got his wish. Get him out of there and let's see what these guys can do!

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The difference between Silas handling of the situation and Silas' on court strategies seems night and day.

So the question is which one is more true? Without Harden, will it look better? Hope so.

Harden out of practice makes sense.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

Funny some people thought he would be back after his comments. I feared it, since Rockets were stubborn to let it get this far; "uncomfortable" is what they wanted and got it. Don't know which losing player I respect more, Tracy or Harden.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. pass_to_Hakeem

GOOD!!! He killed the chemistry last night in his post game. He quit on the season after the Portland game. It’s gonna suck , but the Rockets now with Harden..... SUCKS!!!!!

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hey look, it's T-mac but fatter!

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I hope James goes off and wins a ship wherever we trade him. He deserves it.

Just give me picks. If we choose the Simmons repackage, trade him to a 3rd team for even more picks.

HP3, jiggyfly, BigM and 2 others like this.
  12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Tracy was more passive aggressive about it, seems Harden is forcing the issue more. Then again, McGrady really didn't have much leverage by the end of his time in Houston. He was pretty well washed. Harden has had way more individual and team success than McGrady ever did. Once the smoke clears, I hope to mostly remember his time here fondly, as there were some really great moments.

I am disappointed he is treating his coach and teammates poorly, but recent history suggests that being obstinate has been the only way to force a team to trade you (see Anthony Davis). It's a messy divorce, but as they say "things always end badly, otherwise they wouldn't end." Harden is not wrong, I don't think this team is a real contender this year no matter what they do. He wants to go to a real contender before he is washed up in a few years. It's just a shame things didn't work out in 2018.

tmoney1101, HP3, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

SILVER BAN HAMMER coming because Fat Boy gonna be breaking ALL protocols!!

Houston Strip Clubs REJOICE!!!

Joe Rocket likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes it did, when he went for his own diagnosed knee operation.....

DD

Patience and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. DaDakota

**** em....he quit.

DD

ipaman and Joe Rocket like this.
  16. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Do you guys expect a standing ovation or just straight boos when he plays against us next? Regardless he'll probably drop 40

17. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Could careless what he does when hes out of the Hou uniform. He held the team hostage stemming from the cp3 trade.

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  18. DaDakota

Probably boos and he deserves them. If he went out as a professional it would be polite applause.

DD

dreamshakin likes this.
  19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

T-Mac was inarguably a whiny quitter.

But he didn't s**t all over his teammates while quitting.

ipaman, Joe Rocket, HillBoy and 4 others like this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

His Toronto T-Mac game