1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Jan 12, 2021.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

He was one of the greatest regular season performers I've ever seen. The regular season is an 82-game grind and it's hard to be that consistent for so long. He should have multiple MVP awards. He also flamed out in the playoffs a lot, maybe due to the regular season workload. Either way, he provided a lot of entertainment for several years. God bless.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll be able to appreciate him in due time, but I can't get over his contempt for this organization right now and lack of self reflection. I wish a reporter would ask him if he regrets forcing the Russ trade. There's nothing to lose now by asking him that question.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

After hearing Silas' press conference just now, Harden has played his final game as a Rocket. Some bittersweet times during his tenure here. His legacy with this exit imo has been greatly tarnished.

4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

He will forever fail on winning a ring and will fade off in the sunset as just another quitter.

At least Pippen won rings. T-Mac has a commentator job.

Harden will run a strip club in Houston in 10 years.

(Harden stans don't kill me)

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

came in like a monster. went out weighing about tree fiddy. thanks for the 8 years.

HP3 likes this.
  6. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

I wanted to feel a little bit sorry for him, than I remember he already got 2 200+Million contracts (Adidas and NBA).

He will be fine.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

at least harden hasn’t gotten surgery without letting the team know to avoid being traded.

Tmac quit in 08/09 ... our best chance . And when news got out that we might trade him he went and had microfracture surgery without advice from the team .

harden ... it’s tough . He is quitting . But I don’t trust Tilman either . If he acts like a good soldier there’s no guarantee that Tilman tries to trade him .

idk man . James really has carried a huge load and his biggest supporters in the org quit .

I’m ready to move on . Hopefully the rockets are banking some karma right now . We will need it . We’re not going to pay into the LT for a good team unless we have new ownership .

we can have a decent young / exciting team ... but taking that next step , building a true contender , won’t come easily ... and it may not come at all

HP3 likes this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

I don’t appreciate his style, but he is an all time great at it.

JumpMan and DaDakota like this.
  10. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I'll never forget the moment late night on a Saturday when me and my friend heard the news that we got James Harden. We were screaming for joy in my car, we knew we just landed a star. But man he grew and vastly exceeded expectations before our eyes. We could've won it all in 2018, but I'm not upset. Great memories overall, regardless of what happened the last couple months.

James.B.H, HP3, carib and 1 other person like this.
  11. JackLordsHair66

Did a lot for the franchise and made us relevant for years, but frankly I am glad he is on his way out, dude really rubbed me the wrong way this last month !

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It sucks knowing this thread title is legit. We were a CP3 hamstring away from a ring and Harden retiring as a Rocket.

13. Asian Sensation

I’m really gonna miss his Only Fans and the laundry list of excuses they have for him every time he fails. I’ll miss his step back one legged 3 pointers from 30 feet. The thing I’ll miss the most though is him not getting a 7th Turnover champion title in a Rockets uniform.

[​IMG]

14. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Harden 2nd best player behind Hakeem?

ksny15 likes this.
  15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I've always said that if he was on another team, I'd hate his guts... But I admit, dude was an offensive force for us so I learned to appreciate the results... .. With that being said, he's on to another team so ..... You ain't **** but a walking bucket...

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HardenBooBoo leaving is ok with me, I know that a Harden led team will never win a ring.

He is an all time great scorer, but his personality flaws and lack of committing to leading will always make him fall short.

Is he Hall of Fame - of course, but is he a great among greats - he needs to go somewhere else and get this stink off of him - before that can be judged.

DD

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I was at a friends wedding when we all received the news we had acquired James Harden - the whole ballroom went up in applause - everybody started Gangnam Styling all over the place and it was the dawn of a new age with so much anticipation and then he went nutzoid in his first game and

... now he's gone.

It was a fun ride regardless of how ugly it is today.

One day in the future Rockets fans will forgive. We will hang 13 from the banners and remember his Unguardable Tour with passion.

Thanks for making us relevant again James - sucks it didnt work out and it had to end like this.

18. Rocketeer4Life

Harden is a product of D'antoni's system. He will not be able to adapt to any system that ain't playing isoball 70% of the game. We just saw it with Silas and we will see it with his new team!

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

:( it's over but it's for the best

20. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

I personally enjoyed/loved his time as a Rocket. Did some amazing things on that court. Sure he came with frustrations but nothing compared to the Kevin Martin Luis Scola days. If it weren’t for matching up with the greatest team of all time (arguably), he’d likely have helped us get a ring in 2018.
    Thanks James and good luck