1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sit the unhappy guard (a thread for real Rocket fans)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fryjol7, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am good with him sitting
    Maybe they can show how the offense is suppose to look

Rocket River.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

all we need to do is get close in salary. with average/bad/old players we would suck even more. if we can create just the right amount of suck and be one of the 4 worst teams in the NBA well then OKC gets NATHAN. The picks they own are top 4 protected. Team just needs to tank. No shame in that most of the teams enjoying success today have done it - Houston has been probably the only team that has never tanked, but there is a case for it here.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Even if you are the worst team in the league you have 50 percent of landing outside of a top 4 pick and get it taken away

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Thread title is "unhappy guard," not "un-fun-having guard." :D

snowconeman22 and KingCheetah like this.
  5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I think they will at least try.

Gordon and PJ should be traded asap no need to keep them if we trading Harden.

these past games after Harden came from his "injury" he has given little or no effort on offense and defense. The other team goes on a run and the bench tries to get back. Then Harden gets in and we go back down or the movement gets still.
    At least he tried before but not anymore.

Let's just bench him and trade Eric and pj

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im not sure what the specific odds are for each slot in the NBA lottery only that the worst team has a 25% higher chance of winning the top pick. There is some luck involved sure - hell you could land the top overall pick too.

as assembled this team is already one of the worst in basketball so "tanking" may just mean play regular for them.

7. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

I certainly understand where you are coming from. I don't agree with it, but I understand it. I'm really bitter about this as well, and have been on the side of giving him the benefit of the doubt that he'd be professional through all this. But the effort he's given the last week has been so frustrating and disappointing.

That said, going the route you're suggesting would horribly taint the Rockets as an organization, for a very, VERY long time. You simply cannot do this, no matter how much you may want to. We must try to get the best package possible, period. If that lands him in a place he doesn't want to be, so be it. But we can't put him somewhere like that on purpose without a very high return, or we kill our future for, dare I say, a couple decades?

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Trading Ego and Pj would improve the team with Harden if it is the right one.

Rocket River

9. dmoneybangbang

Sit him and lets go for a top 4 pick this year.

10. BelgianRocketsFan

He doesn't even deserve a place on the bench at this point. Don't sit him, leave him at home. I think that's the best for the cohesion of the team and the most 'honest' solution for everybody. Harden Era is over, let's move forward asap.

11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Hahaha I kinda respect the level of pettiness but this is crazy. You don't want the best for the Rockets as a franchise as long as it means Harden also isn't getting what he wants?

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

the best for this current team is to tank and hope to recoup the picks that were thrown away chasing Westbrook. This season is over. Need to start researching the 2021 NBA Draft and trying to amass as many picks as possible while reducing the payroll in order to chase another star in a year or two.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he will be traded too fast to sit lol

dont be surprised if its done today

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Amazing how quickly these things just come together.

FrontRunner likes this.