1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we be worried about Harden’s trade value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You still have to get close on salary so it will be tough. I'd want expiring albatross type contracts mainly - cut payroll and go into tank mode.

no reclamation projects. no "potential" guys. start all the way over - like everyone else did and nail a few high draft picks. We'll be back.

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

lol. you believe someone is going to gut their team for a 32 yr old ? get a clue

the deals will be even worse than they are now.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Only if GM’s think like bbs forum posters. Assuming the GM has watched basketball before, Harden’s trade value is just fine.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Only we don't own any draft picks, OKC pretty much owns us.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Top 4 protected. Embrace the tank.

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yes. My best case now is just one up and coming potential second-fiddle star and 3 mediocre draft picks. I'll be happy with that, because I think it's actually likely going to be worse.

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Yes, and that is why I authored a thread titled “It’s Time” when he was averaging 37 points a game (and got flamed by everyone on this board).

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Harden will lose 15 to 20 pounds now and look tremendous with Durant.....just like Durant (an iso heavy player) looked good in the Warriors system.

Nets avoid gutting the team but the Rockets got garbage in return.....less than if the Rockets traded before the season or
    waited at season’s end.

Name the last player that has had an MVP, scoring title traded during the season?

CP3 is older and the Suns wanted his old wrinkly a**.

HP3 likes this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

earlier they offered levert Dinwiddie and Allen no third team. yes this is deal is worse from a talent standpoint...much worse. VO is damaged goods and probably not as good as levert by himself

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Supposedly that was the offer. Dinwiddie/ Lavert/ Jarred Allen/ Prince.

Better deal if true. Note it was prior to season.

LeBron was traded from Cavs only because he forced Cavs to SnT to Miami or get nothing. How did they look before
    LeBron and KLove joined Kyrie?

HP3 likes this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

what point are you trying to make ?

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

My entire point is that the superstars getting top money for their day usually don’t get traded during the season
    because the return normally won’t be near what you should get back in an offseason trade.

This is why I said the Rockets should have traded Harden before the draft/free agency.....then prior to the start
    of the season. Once the season started I said the trades would suck. This trade sucks. In theory the Nets
    with Durant/Harden/Kyrie will be around 27 to 30 as pick swaps. Since the Rockets will have a poorer
    record......we will not want to swap picks.

Dipo will be a rental just like K-Mart was.

Rondionis Kuruc is a long shot project.

HP3 likes this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

oh ok yes they should have traded him earlier but I don't the deals would get any better waiting until next year when he is 32.

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We agree that we disagree.

Here is the breakdown of the trade:
    https://tradenba.com/trades/HgKhFoWm-

You believe Rockets stinking hurts trade value for offseason......I say it won’t or would not have been the case.

Harden with Nets projects to +18 more wins

Dipo/Kurucs/Exum projects to -39 wins. That’s minus, not a plus in the win column.

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Ya i knew this trade was coming. Rockets owed it to James to let him go where he wanted. He gave it a hell of a run, tryed his best. Rockets did ok, i mean the Warriors series was insane.

Thing is rockets will be picking for Nets for long time in the draft. Biggest draft haul ever for a player.