1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

James Harden [​IMG] Kyrie Irving
    Quitting on their team​

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Instead of "wouldn't", I should have said "shouldn't"

Bottom-line is that it's basically a BAD SIGN when someone says it. Something people here refuse to acknowledge what it is.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I think there is huge difference between the two.

One is believing a ball is actually flat.

Another is so obsessed with balls not only can not be flat but must be big.

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has made TMac obsolete

Commodore likes this.
  6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

He shouldn't have said it and he should be more comitted while he's here...

...but he's right.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I don't understand why Stone won't pull the trigger on the Simmons trade if it's on the table.

I'd take Simmons + 3 future unprotected firsts + their young players who have been playing well.

Simmons and Wood are on the same timeline, we can deal Wall in the summer for more picks since he's only 30, a team who needs a PG who can distribute and defend will surely want him.

The future firsts will be after 2023 season because Harden will likely leave 76ers if they don't win a ring and their team will start to suck because Embiid will likely start to break down from injuries.

Yes, we do not have our FRP this year so either way this season is a wash if Harden stays or not. We might actually play better if our team is more united because Harden is clearly causing some awkward tensions in the locker room with his presence.

We have our picks next 2 years, we can tank those years by not giving Wood/Simmons good role players and just develop young guys. Both of them are going be 27 after the rebuild. If we can get 2 good lottery picks + with Wood/Simmons entering their primes, we'll have finished the rebuild in just 3 years. As the team gets better in 3 years, that's when the 76ers picks will kick in we'll likely have more talent to add to this roster.

There's a lot of criticism around Stone and FO but one thing I can't deny is they seem to have a good eye on young talent.

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

maybe because the Simmons trade isn't on the table. quite possible it was never on the table

RocketsFido and apollo33 like this.
  9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If he isn't on the table we're truly ****ed because Boston isn't budging and all the other packages I've seen look terrible.

10. MystikArkitect

I'm up for starting Patrick Tilman at SG.

11. Victorious

Victorious Member

Either Harden is playing hurt or the fact that he doesn't want to be here, is effecting his play. We saw how he balled out the first few games so he didn't just fall off a cliff.

I don't want to say he's quitting but doesn't sound like hes all in either.

bro2044 likes this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It has been. And for the life of my I cannot understand why there's people who still believe Harden demanded Morey make a trade for Westbrook.

But hey. The Rockets imitate Clutchfans sometimes I guess. As low IQ as you can go on occasion.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Even Nick Wright hates him. Nick defended him for years.

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Lol

15. Downtown Sniper

Yep. Agreed he did. I laugh because people mention the T-Mac Toronto game.

Harden has had so many more of them.

But, I love Harden because he brought respect and fear back to the team.

I can call a spade a spade. He was great for the Rockets more often than not. Those times he wasn't, sometimes it was really really bad. I'll still wish him well after this saga because I do believe he gave his all for this organisation.

Really don't know how long it will be until there's an undisputable mega-star who wants to call Houston home again.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

ship him to a small market team for expirings (just to be petty right back) and tank your MFing ass off.

its over dog.

everyone will kiss and make up in 10 years when we retire the number yada yada yada.

17. Victorious

Victorious Member

What do you mean? If your star player and owner wants Westbrook here, what is Morey suppose to do? If Harden wanted cp3 here, he would still be here

18. macan

macan Member

if you don't ship his arse to other team then you are not fit to be the gm Stone!!

19. Downtown Sniper

Harden did not say "trade CP3 for Westbrook otherwise I'm out of here".

Harden was open to the idea, and informed it was very unlikely to happen because Morey knew keeping Harden and Paul together was the recipe for success.

Enter the joke that is the Tilman family. And here we are today.

How far do you think Tilman nosedives this franchise? I'm on the edge of my seat to see how inept someone can truly be.

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

"dad bod"

heh heh