1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin on James.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 6, 2021.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So it’s a lack of knowledge to say that a team that won the West 5 years in row compiling a 60-17 record and won 15 series in a row had the best team in West? LOL!!!!!That happened. WHAT’s broad about it? That mighty Miami team was 2-2 in the Finals. IMHO the Warriors beat them in 7 w/o KD, With KD they win in 6.

The internet is your friend. If anyone is in love with James Harden it’s you. I’m telling you that there’s not a Rocket team that James played on that could beat that Golden St. bunch! They were salty! And slapped the West goofy for 5 straight postseasons! With Harden at his peak the Rockets fell short. Without CP3 they didn’t have the firepower. AS YOU TOLD ME PLAYERS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS! The Warriors had the best players. It’s ok. Tip your hat and move on. Harden now wants and should be traded. Let’s get on with the rebuild.....

#281 TEXNIFICENT, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  2. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I honestly don't get your logic at all. The Rockets were up 3-2 with home court advantage in that GSW series. They had double digit halftime leads in Game 6 and Game 7 against the Warriors. But based on your logic there was no need for us to play those games because we had a 0% chance of winning the series since the Warriors had "won 15 series in a row". What athlete/team goes into any competitive competition with the idea in their head that they can't beat the opposition despite the odds of what Vegas projected? If that's your viewpoint then you have already lost the match, really no point in playing. Upsets have never happened based on your thinking. MDA should have just wrote "NOT A CHANCE IN HELL" in big red letters on the white board for those games against GSW when we didn't have CP3.

Losing CP3 was huge, but he was not the reason we lost Game 7. Missing 27 consecutive threes, not making adjustments, and choking under pressure is what lost us that game. And despite all that we still lost Game 7 by single digits. Basketball is a game of matchups, we matched up very well against the Warriors. We had been giving them trouble all year long. We built a team to beat the Warriors and in fact Morey has stated this many times. Harden also won the MVP that season. So was Dirk considered a better player than LeBron James when the Mavericks beat the Heat in the Finals? I think we both know the answer to that question. You are a HardenOnlyFan simping for James with a defeatist mindset (this sentence totally sums you up perfectly). Go follow your leader James Harden to whatever teams he goes to or just start watching Lifetime. That's the best I can tell you...

Just saw that you updated your post. No way that a Warriors team without KD could beat a LeBron led Heat team. The Warriors went out and got KD because they lost to the Cavs. And the Heat were a better team than the Cavs were.

#282 Htown's Finest, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

HOW AM I “SIMPING”? HE LOST!

You obviously never played sports. James Harden lost to a better team. Could he have played better? Maybe. But the Warriors found a way to get it done 5years/15 series in a row. Sometimes you get close and the better team wins. The Warriors had the best team. Giving them props isn’t weakness. Acknowledge greatness when you see it. 2018 was the peak of the Harden era and there was a better team in the way and Harden’s best wasn’t good enough. It happens. That’s why Championships are special. I truly believe it’s rebuild time now. We should trade him and move on to the next chapter....25 years and counting.

4. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Dude I've played and coached lol. I have played against guys I was way better than, played against guys who were way better than me, and I've played against guys that were literally jumping out the gym. I can honestly say that I was never intimidated by anyone. Guys that I thought were better than me made me want to raise my game and show them that I was just as good as them. That's the competitive nature that any good/great player is going to have. You can always tell the guys that never played sports on this board. You keep repeating yourself over and over again about how great the Warriors are. As a player you can acknowledge another players greatness, but you always are going to think you have a punchers chance. "If we just do this, then we can get these boys". I have been in so many huddles when someone or myself said those words. In fact, several players on the Rockets told me those same exact words. "We should have beat them boys man" were their exact words to me in reference to the Warriors series. So it's not like I'm not giving the Warriors their props but you still are going to always believe if you had just did this or did that you could have won the game. Anybody that played sports is going to feel that way. And the simple fact that you can't understand this lets me know that you never played ball or was just a scrub that rode the pine.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Played, coached youth and got family in the NBA now. I get believing in yourself and agonizing over a competitive series. But Just because you believe something doesn’t make it true. That’s the delusion that all athletes have to some degree. I thought 2018 was the year but it wasn’t meant to be. But we can agree to disagree on the determining factor in them losing.

6. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

This seriously may be the BEST POST i’ve ever read on this site. Great job texnificent!!!

saleem likes this.
  7. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

We can agree to disagree on the determining factors of that GSW series loss, I'm ok with that. At the end of the day we just got out played and out coached against GSW so I do agree with you on that part. And when it boils down to it that's really all that matters in the grand scheme of things. But any real competitor is going to always believe they have a fighting chance. Call it being delusional, crazy, cocky, dumb, stupid, or just plain ignorant. Maybe it's all those things combined. But wins and losses start first in the mind. If you doubt yourself and your abilities then you've already lost. And that does not take away from the other player/teams greatness. But you gotta believe you belong there with them and are better than them to succeed at sports, life, anything that's competitive in nature. Every man needs to have a competitive fervor I believe. That's part of the essence of being a man.

I don't wanna make this post too personal but like you I have coached a lot of kids myself. Dude let me tell you something, we would never go into any match thinking we had already lost. And this was against teams that their shortest guy was 6'3 and their center was 6'10. While our guys ranged from 5'7 to 6'2 lol. And yes if you wanna know how that game ended we lost by 50 something points, but we still believed that we were just as good as those guys. I guess I might just be a little different, because I'm extremely competitive about everything. But I get your point about that series against GSW, and I do understand that the Warriors were a very very good team, with 4 excellent players while we only had 1 (Harden only since CP3 got hurt). But man, I will always believe "we should have got them boys" like some of my buddies on the team believe until the day I die.

Rockets4Life13, B-Bob and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  8. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Calvin tonight

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Calvin was like
    Harden Quit!!! - [​IMG]

Rocket River

Cstyle42 and Boston84 like this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

Just gone...

Truly sad

11. HardenVolumeOne

we wont

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

so any official word on why he was out?

Rocket River

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We all know why. This organization is still sucking Harden's dick.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

Is Calvin on vacation?

This early in the season?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden stans can apologize to Calvin ... AND BRING CALVIN BACK!

Rockets4Life13 and RasaqBoi like this.
  16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Rockets front office is so bad they probably blame Calvin for Harden saying what he said last night.

RasaqBoi and J.R. like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

signage outside TC. who's with me

J.R. likes this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Harden stand were so offended by Calvin. Y’all know this guy knows everything happening in the front office?

Again like I said before. Nobodyyy respects James Harden. None. Zero player. Nba commentator. Former player. Etc.

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

20. dmoneybangbang

We were up 3-2 with home court advantage and with a like a 12 point lead going into the half.

Morey ball/Harden ball/ MDA got us into the dance and even got us ahead but our moves were too predictable in the end.