1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Sports are entering a dark age

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TexAg713, Jan 13, 2021.

1. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

-Rockets window will soon be closed officially, Harden gone barring a miracle. Future mortgaged.

-Deshaun Watson wants a trade. Texans management is clown world. Hopkins traded for peanuts. Even JJ looks like he wants to give up.

-our beloved Astros finally win a chip but are now the most hated team in baseball. Owner wont spend to keep our best players.

Looking back, we had it pretty good for a while there. But what did Houstonians do to deserve this?

#1 TexAg713, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Beat the dodgers yankees and red sox, gonna get punished. Just how it goes ‍♂️

Sajan and crimsonghost like this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Ego destroyed all of of our pro teams.
    Ego at every level:
    From ownership, FO,coaching, and star players.

BallSoHarden and Highlyrated like this.
  4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Texans will never recover. I believe the Rockets will eventually.

5. curbur

curbur Member

Man **** Eric Gordon!

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that’s taking Gordon hate to a new level ;)

DeBeards, jayfree, clos4life and 15 others like this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The Harden haul will be key. The Texans need to keep Watson and change the culture. The Astros will be a playoff team for awhile.

It seems bad right now because it has been pretty good, although under-achieving lately.

Duke Fan likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Entering? It entered, right about the time of the Westbrook trade/2019 WS collapse.

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Don’t worry.

Someone will soon give you all the conspiracy theories to conform your soul.

Even before all these happened, you think the fans were happy? Remember how the posters blamed the refs almost every game and our team is one of the most if not the most b****ing team on the court?

Remember all these media conspiracies about how everyone hated the Rockets?

but then, let me remind you the reality also :

Remember how many fans hated Tilman so much and the Texans owner was just a racist? And how did uncle Drake run the franchise to the ground and being the laughing stock of MLB?

and more importantly, remember fans here cheering and arguing why Harden deserves for the MVP but keep finding excuses for his playoff failures?

remember how we hang the AFC South champ banner proud and then put on our AFC South champ hat and lining up to get on the waiting list for the season tickets?

Everything happened for a reason, or more.

Duke Fan likes this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Texans are ****ed for a decade but at least the Rockets have a chance for a fast rebuild if we can get Simmons + picks back in a trade.

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It looks bleak. Honestly, I just donated my Texans gear. I am not down with Jack Easterby's god squad, Cal McNair's wall, franchise players commenting negatively, the Palcic situation, Bill O'Brien (and however long his impact stains the team) and all that. Wouldn't mind if the team left, might prefer it. Being a baseball/basketball town isn't that bad. Move the Texans, bring back Astroworld.

The Astros are the most hated team in baseball. Idk why but the 17 chip and the way MLB is obviously covering up wrongdoings while everyone ***** on the Astros just unlocked a greater truth and that is: the MLB is dirty. It's entire history is that of cheating, drug use, gambling, racism, wrongdoing and so on. While it's not the most exciting thing to watch anyway...something has been undone there, for me anyway. The MLB is gross, which is saying something considering it's counterparts are the NFL and the NBA.

So you like the Rockets huh?

clos4life and TexAg713 like this.
  12. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Not popular opinion, but rebuild with conviction is more fun than quarter-assed shenanigans we are witnessing here

Dankstronaut likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Anyone keeping up with the Dynamo? How they doing?

BHannes2BHonest, Jontro and J Sizzle like this.
  14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Comes down to ownership.

Cal McNair gave BOB and Easterby too much power which decimated the roster and salary cap. Now he won’t let go of Jackoff who is pushing for more Patriots South and is pushing Watson out the door.

Tillman comes in and drives MDA and Morey out and forces the WB trade. He focuses on LTS when we could have added some pieces to other trades and now Harden is angry and wants out.

You can’t fire ownership so yeah dark times.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bring back the XFL. The Roughnecks are our only hope.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You can't get away from bad ownership. As long as Tilman is here, Houston will always be a mediocre team. We will be the Rainforest Cafe of the NBA.

TexAg713 likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

HTown Curse.

70s Love ya Blue Letdowns
    80s Twin Tower Coke Sniffers
    90s Run N Shoot Oiler meltdowns
    00s Yao N TMac Gurney Squads
    10s Loveable Losers and the Cheating Scandal

Old timers feel free to chime in - I can only go back to the mid 80s with accuracy.

18. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

`I am done with sports: pro, college, high school all of it. I used to be a sports fanatic. I watched all
    the teams, it didn't matter who was playing. Then I narrowed it down to just contests involving Houston sports
    teams, the big three, rockets, texans, Astros. Harden is leaving, Watson & JJ Watt are probably gone. Springer is
    probably gone. I am done with all of it. I will find something more worthy of my time.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Deshaun Watson will stay. Loosing a player of his caliber and character is just too much for the city.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I get the wallowing and all but the "owner wont spend to keep our best players" thing about Jim Crane is simply bulls***.

Duke Fan likes this.