1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Love Harden. His growth every year and for each of the 8 years has been carrying us on his back. With all the star help he's gotten and their injuries, he was still asked to carry and he delivered every year. Unfortunately, carrying for 8 years takes its toll. I don't fault him for wanting out. I don't even fault him for the way he's going out. I think he's handled this exactly the way I imagined - roughshod - mainly because he's never had real professional representation around him. I wish him the best wherever he lands.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

In the playoffs to boot

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The team is too damn small

GotGame15 and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

So who drew it up?

Harden is now the reason the ball is passed around the perimeter like some JV basketball team?

Wasn't it you and your ilk that praise Silas for wanting to play Harden off ball and to bring in more motion.

Well, there you go.

And you are dead wrong, the first 3 games of Lakers series was very competitive. Rockets lost House for 4th game and Russ lost his minds with TO after TO soon after that.

ElPigto and HP3 like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rockets should bench him and just play without him, no reason to play him at this point. He's Harden. He's not going to play better unless he commits fully to the team and he's only going to risk injury and make things awkward. Just send him home and tell him they'll do all they can to trade him.

The Rockets have to move forward without him, the sooner the better.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wish he would.
    So we can see exactly what the offense is suppose to look like.

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Harden didn't say "I quit".

Plus, just google "Lebron quit " and google suggests "Lebron quit on Cavs". Several stories and instances come up with quotes from Richard Jefferson, Dan Gilbert, Stephen Jackson, etc.

D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Exactly.

As horrid as the offense has been, Silas has absolutely gutted the Rockets defense.

Silas is way over his head. And he was the coach I wanted hired out of all the options.

I can admit when I'm wrong, Silas has no clue how to make his system fit his players or he is too stubborn not to change what wasn't broken.

ElPigto and HP3 like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza was washed, he was the worst player on the team in the playoffs his final season here, his D was skipping and his 3's were non existent.... and even when he was a quality player those are the only 2 things he could do. Bringing him back might have made the team even worse.

The championship teams had the best end of the playoffs, but they weren't the best teams in franchise history.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh they were competitive despite Westbrook. Even game 4 was competitive at the end.

D-rock likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But he did make it clear he's done with this team so he did quit.

Look, you don't have to say "I'm a racist" to be a racist, the same applies here. The sentences he put together can be credibly read as "I quit, I'm done."

13. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Lebron quit against the Celtics, strung the Cavs along in the off season then stabbed the city in the heart on live TV.

D-rock likes this.
  14. riko

riko Member

The longer this goes, the less value he will have.so.. better hurry up

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

I know every one is saying that so I believe you. But when I first read and heard it, without Mcmahon and Feigen's commentary, it just sounded like a man frustrated that his team is just not as good as he thought it was. In essence he just said "this sucks and I don't see how it is going to get better". But everyone seems to take it as him demanding a trade so...i guess

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

This only proves how little you understand basketball.

Silas wants to be hybrid on offense and defense. That is far from MDA system.

:rolleyes:

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

My preference would be to send him to Miami, but take whatever the best offer is. If it's Denver, GS, Philly then so be it.

18. KittzOr

KittzOr Member

so did Paul anything yet? Harden also backpacked crap Teams to the Playoffs, so what?

19. jayfree

jayfree Member

Yup, huge difference between LeBron and Harden in that LeBron helped bring the Cavs out of utter obscurity and put them on the map. A team that could never beat Jordan but finally got a Jordan of their own. Oh and LeBron was a native Ohioan to boot and drafted by the organization as their savior.

Harden with the Rockets will be a close second to that, but I don't think Rocket fans will feel as BETRAYED as Cavs fans by a long shot

20. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Ariza wasn't great, but he was still serviceable in a 7 game series against the Warriors, which makes him a very good role player. More importantly, keeping his salary for potential trading opportunities is the only feasible way that the team can improve. How can the team be worse? The only possible negative outcome is that you overpay a player, nothing else. It doesn't lock the cap because it was already locked by Harden, Paul, Gordon, Knight, Capela and Tucker's contracts. Like I said, looking bad, not re-signing him might be the reason why the Butler trade wasn't landed, which was a huge missed opportunity.