1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowest PPG over 5 games for Harden as a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Jan 12, 2021.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Clutchfans told me once we traded westbrook it would stop.

Ramo$e, JayGoogle and pr0wler like this.
  2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He’s the most gifted scorer in the NBA. That’s says a lot about his phenomenal naturally ability to put a ball in a basket, there’s nobody better, but he’s also obviously badly out of shape and more interested in what happens off the court than on it. The dude is checked out. It’s time to move on.

3. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I knew this would be the problem no matter who they brought in/sent out. Admittedly, they're doing it a bit less than last year, but still very effective at stifling Harden Iso Ball.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Farewell, trade value.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I would hope he is smart enough to understand why James Harden is a kick ass player.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's not the most gifted at putting the ball in the bucket. He's the most gifted at maximizing scoring using 3>2 concept and being extremely manipulative in drawing contact. There are better bucket makers in the league in that in a situation like in the final couple of possessions of a 1 pt game where 3>2 doesn't matter as much and refs swallow their whistle, multiple players are better at putting the ball through the hoop.

#26 fchowd0311, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  7. Nook

Nook Member

You would like to think so but there have already been a number of puzzling decisions made by Silas in regards to what he chooses to do based on his personnel. His defensive has been far move puzzling.

ksny15 and J Sizzle like this.
  8. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

He plays when he wants to play Period. I have said it a few times on here

Ramo$e likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is tanking.
    DD

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"Let's break up. How clear do I have to be?" - Harden

"NO! I REFUSE TO ACCEPT REALITY" - Tilemen

Ramo$e and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

If I saw Harden moving the ball, off ball, diving for loose balls and showing some energy then I'd just blame the system. We've seen the guy happy and how he plays when he has bought in and is confident.

Right now he is a shadow, and it doesn't really seem like he's trying to be much more. Sure, I'd be down with Harden Unleashed on this team, but I kinda feel like he looks more on the side of checked out. He has no lift, he stands on the perimeters, and there is no swagger. Its like the league has figured him out, officials aren't going to make calls, and he's letting it be because he doesn't want to be here anymore.

ElDobleK likes this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The man wants out but Tillman is hemorrhaging $$$.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Doesn’t do anything off ball and now he’s not doing much with the ball besides turn it over.

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

In before "Silas fault" or "But his ankle". Dude quit plain and simple.

ElDobleK likes this.
  15. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

To start the reason, when James was kicking ass...all the excuses about clubbing went out the window.

Now, when teams are running a Box and 1 against him, and double teaming him against every advantage iso, suddenly his numbers don't look so good. His shooting has been off, but we saw the exact same trend halfway through last season. It just has more weight since we're at the start of the season, but there's nothing really new here tbh

16. JackLordsHair66

Newsflash, he doesn't, get rid of this bum right now !

gotsis likes this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

This is not it. He doesn't want to be here. Harden has the green light he could ISO every possession if he wanted. What are Rockets going to do, trade him? lol This is not logical. I can't believe you guys are still making excuses. He is mailing it in clear as day! Nobody is asking him not to be JAMES HARDEN that's just nonsense. He's not trying to get heavily invested. This is perfect for him and you JAMES HARDEN cultist. He gets to mail it in all the while blaming everyone else. Claiming "this is what you wanted". What? Nobody wanted Harden to be a lil b**** about not running pick and roll 100 times a game.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But it is everyone else’s fault! :D

Ramo$e likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Silas is incorporating isolations, as well as many other advantageous scoring situations. Harden is passing them up in an act of sabotage.

Watch closer.

BelgianRocketsFan and Ramo$e like this.
  20. Karolik

Karolik Member

He salary needs to be based on how many points he scores. Then I'm sure he will be extra motivated