1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Yeah, having more rings is the definition of who is the better player. So, Tony Parker is a better player than Harden? Tim Duncan as well?

You actually need good teammates to win a championship. Even the great Kobe or Michael Jordan didn't win those titles on their own. They had a great supporting cast. Harden has never had close to the supporting cast those 2 players have had. Also, Harden has had to play against one of the best teams of all-time multiple times with basically no all-stars next to him.

HP3 likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lebron quit on a team that lost to the eventual East champs and a team that was 61-21?

Also, well no surprise there. There's beef on the team now, only question is who came up to the podium first?

4. Nook

Nook Member

2010... it was a big deal at the time. He was terrible the last three games of the series and numerous comments were made about him being disinterested. That summer he signed with Miami.

ROCK3TM4N, Caesar and HP3 like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He should be a ****ing pro basketball player. Now he just looks like Quittin Pippen without the rings and defense

RasaqBoi and Ramo$e like this.
  6. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

As he should. James lied to him, and he made a career decision with that bad information.

Tfor3 and Ramo$e like this.
  7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Yet again, check his playoff stats. He turns up in the majority of his playoff games, but a stupid narrative suggests otherwise. His playoffs stats are actually better than Kobe's.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Tip jar bet James Harden is still a Rocket 2 weeks from today

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i said this was what was going to happen as soon as he made the trade request. people were thinking "well, the rockets should just make him play". but just like AD and kawhi were never going to be bought in, neither was harden. they could show up on the court, but it was never going to be 100%. and if you're star isn't bought in, the team plays poorly, other players get mad about the star not being bought in, and it's a mess. most teams are smart enough to skip all those steps and go to the trade, but not the rockets, so here we are. where we were always going to be. get a 3rd team, trade him to the nets, and whoever gets kyrie hopes he retires and comes off the books.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Maybe it's just me, but I only see the Nuggets and 76ers as real targets. The 76ers deal would have to be SImmons, Maxey, and picks, though I think Morey will play hardball with picks. Nuggets would probably be Murray, pieces, and picks, and probably involve a third team. I think the Nuggets would be more willing to part with unprotected picks.

The Heat don't excite me as a trade partner. I think when the trade occurs, we'll see House and Tucker included and it will be a blockbuster deal involving 3 or more teams. Will be a franchise-defining deal for us for the foreseeable future, let's see where this goes.

RustyHarden likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

heard the same with T-Mac but in the end the narrative wins and Harden will not shake it

Rocket River likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I still don't think he quit, he got beat by a better team that same team also made Kobe look terrible the previous year. That Boston team was amazing defensively and made all time great players look bad at times.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

He quit, ownership panicked and made some moves to convince him. It worked for some time then he left anyway.

HP3 likes this.
  14. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

He paid his dues....
    Lost his prime in this beautiful city...

You listening D.Watson?

Send this man to a contender and that’s it...It’s over...

Mr Chuck Norris, Rocket River and HP3 like this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not a very good name to throw in, because you can probably argue Tim Duncan is a better basketball player than James Harden.

ROCK3TM4N, HP3 and JumpMan like this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

lmao but that's technically not true after Harden goes to a new team, that team will likely be stacked and suck Harden off after every big scoring night.

Invisible Fan and ROCK3TM4N like this.
  17. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

No. Next season and the season after are the season to be bad. Thunder have swap rights to our first rounder, and our first rounder is only a top-4 protected. I don't think we'll be bad enough to be a bottom 4 team, but who knows. Given that the Thunder have swap rights, you go as hard as you can and next two seasons if you need to bottom out you do so.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Lied to him? When?

HP3 likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Warriors don’t actually believe they’re gonna win a championship, and even then, Steph and Draymond have 3 titles and have been to 4 finals. They’ve been in contention for titles for years. Harden has zero titles and hasn’t been to a finals once since he’s been here. He’s only had a legit championship contender once in Houston, and he’s been here for 9 years and is now 31.

Watson is still young. Let things continue as they’ve been, and you’ll see how he changes when he’s approaching 30.

HP3 likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Nope. Dude has kids by 9 different women... told his kids born out of wedlock not to call him dad in public... took money from his kids claiming a common law marriage. He had numerous daughters testify he sexually assaulted them. He got away with it because who his attorney was.