1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: “We’re just not good enough....”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Jan 12, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

There’s nothing to fix. He’s done. Get the trade done sooner rather than later. This is all just a waste of time and embarrassing night in and night out. The harden chapter just needs to officially close so all parties can move on for better and worse

kgw, napalm06, gatsby and 14 others like this.
  2. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

Wow! I cant believe he said that.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's been playing like a scrub for several games now, the team is based on the idea that he's a superstar and he's come up short.

4. blackistan

blackistan Member

Man Houston sports recently is just depressing

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Weren’t u the one saying Harden’s best shot at contending this year was here in Houston with this scrub ass roster because the talent was so good? Superstar or not, this team is lightyears away from the real contenders, and it was always the case. Pathetic shooters. The worst wing rotation in the league. Bigs that can’t defend. The team can’t rebound. It’s a joke

HakeemOnlyFan, pr0wler, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was his best chance, but that was based on him being a superstar caliber player, not a whiny scrub.

Harden is the biggest problem with the team. Its built on the premise that he's a good player so when he plays like a scrub, it all falls apart.

cerophilik, Duke Fan and JumpMan like this.
  7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wow so he just quit because he couldn’t beat the future NBA champs. DW4 is unhappy and the 2nd greatest rocket ever wants out. This a sad time to be a Houston sports fan.

everyday eddie and majicdonjuan like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So this is our chance to do something special.

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed. This trade needs to happen ASAP. This was essentially a goodbye speech, and frankly, we’re lucky this awkward situation isn’t a lot uglier.

The potential is there, though, and I’d rather not continue to press our luck. Clearly, the maybe-we-can-win-James-over movement is as dead as could possibly be.

I know it sucks. Believe me, I get it. I’m a Steelers fan so I’m dealing with this on multiple fronts. Recognizing that the window is closed and saying goodbye to franchise pillars and legendary players is never easy. It’s all part of the game, though.

#9 baller4life315, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Nook, Lloyd Estacio and Highlyrated like this.
  10. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Bobby told me this is the most talent we've had since 2017! I thought we had a championship contender? I was deceived!!!

D-rock, Highlyrated and HP3 like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Glad he came out and said it. It was necessary for those that still needed closure.

Mazulis, napalm06, jimmyv281 and 15 others like this.
  13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Well he's given away all the rockets leverage in trade talks. I mean after these comments what are the chances he suits up next game?

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

no, it wasn’t his best chance...stop it

u severely overestimated the talent of this team

Harden playing like a superstar doesn’t change the fact that the team can’t shoot, can’t secure a defensive board, has bigs that can’t defend, and has the worst wing rotation in the league...our 6th man EG is a bonehead scrub that does nothing but shoot bricks

Philly with Harden...Miami with Harden...Boston with Harden...hell, even Portland with Harden...all easily better than this Rockets team with Harden

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’m actually glad he just came out and said it. This still doesn’t change what teams are offering though. It’s a shitty situation but that doesn’t mean the asking price has gone down. If teams want to come get him they know what they have to do. If not, he’s stuck here until further notice.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, I just overestimated Harden's character. I didn't realize that he was a loser that would refuse to try.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Don’t trade him till you get a good package. Who cares how he feels.

18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He played great in the first 2 games. Do you know why that is? Wall wasn't in the same team as him. Surround Harden with a good big man and spot-up shooters, you're a much better team for it. Put him next to someone like Westbrook or Wall, you're going to struggle in most games. Although, Harden made it work with Westbrook in a lot of the games...... he had more chemistry with Westbrook due to them being friends and with them playing together before.

He has no chemistry with Wall whatsoever. They're awful fit. And, I generally think Harden is tired of carrying the team on his back with not the greatest supporting cast. Also, when your head or motivation isn't there, it's going to affect your performance.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure if you are aware, but Silas is killing his value with the system he is attempting to run.

fckbandwagons, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because he actually tried in those games, then he just mailed it in. He's got the talent, the problem is who he is as a person.

bro2044, bmelo and Emtenndo like this.