1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I think he was fine in the first half, but he definitely lacked motivation in the 3rd quarter. Can't blame him. We looked like a mess. Most of the players we're messing up the offense on the transition. Also, I don't think I've seen so many sloppy passes made by a team. Not to mention, we were down by 25 points in the 3rd quarter.

HP3 likes this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah, cause he plays gm, wrecks the cap space and then bails.

Bearded13, ElDobleK, bmelo and 6 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

oh boy...we are about to go down a very dark road

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I told everybody trade him before the season...but some of y’all where saying please no don’t take a bad deal the deals will get better at trade deadline and we can convince him to stay and blah blah blah.

Trade him tonight

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Miami package right away

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

He's right. The team isn't good enough and he gave it all he had here. He doesn't believe Tilman is going to spend for a winner and probably questions if Stone/Silas have what it takes to build a winner. He's right again about Tilman and the jury is out on the GM/Coach combo as its too soon to tell.

trade him and tank so the thunder can draft another 3 MVPs with our picks, and maybe one day they'll be too cheap to give one of them an extension and we can hopefully be in the right position to trade for that guy when the time comes.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You mean he wins his teams championships? Wrecks cap space? The Heat and Cavs are doing just fine actually, he didn't set them up for long term failure. The Heat just made the finals last year. The Cavs are the Cavs but they are rebuilding. Cavs traded for Drummond and signed Love of their own volition, that had nothing to do with Bron.

8. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

It's time to move on. Harden made our organization relevant again. Tilman is cheap and arrogant, the Rox will be on a downward spiral until he decides to sell. Give the man a chance to win a ring. It's time to tank

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

He wants to win a title, or at least have a chance to. He knows he’s wasting his time here. This team isn’t close. He could go God-mode and carry this team to the playoffs, but it’s a 1st round exit level squad.

10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

After a quote like this you pretty much have to move him.

11. heads.up

heads.up Member

Weak ass mentality. If you don't think you're good enough, and if Harden considers himself one of the top players of the league then the expectation is that he elevates his play and bust his ass as hard as he can to help his team win. He never competed hard these last two games, very lackadaisical and not aggressive against the Champs. If he carried hard like against Portland and we have been losing then yes, I understand. There was no sign of fight from the beginning.

Duke Fan likes this.
  12. opticon

opticon Member

If you really love someone sometimes times you have to let them go.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't read that as "i want out". I read that as "this stinks. I've done everything I can but we still stink".

Nook, TimDuncanDonaut and HP3 like this.
  14. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Rejoice. Harden haters can finally come out of the woodwork and enjoy mediocrity again

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This has always been Harden's team. The problem is he is unable to change. He is the number one option. Everyone else is secondary. He has to get his 30+ points a game. And, it's never going to be good enough on any team to win a championship because it marginalizes the rest of the team. One man teams don't win championships. Even the best have a counterpart. You can't pair a star player and win with Harden, either. We have tried and tried and tried to get that right counterpart for Harden. Literally nothing works! And, never will! It's time to say goodbye! We need players that are all in! And, he doesn't seem to want to get there. If he did, then he wouldn't be talking in the context of "I" versus "we". It's always been "I". And, "I" doesn't win championships.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I said before last season that if Westbrook Harden doesn’t work it needed to be blown up. Harden was never going to fully buy in to this and without full buy in there was no chance of this working. Hate him or love him, it’s time to move on.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nonsense, he quit on the team multiple times while here, maybe that's all you can expect from a person like him because of his lack of character, but it's certainly not "all he had".

He sabotaged the best team in franchise history, then refused to try this season. He's pretty clearly a loser despite his talent.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Still though man that quote is bad. He basically in no kind words told the rest of the team "Yall suck, this has nothing to do with me, yall just suck."

I can't imagine the lockerroom has ever been good. We're going to hear the stories come out of it eventually, but I know I've seen Wall and Harden have some heated convos.

I'm not saying Harden is all in the wrong. Dude should have just pulled a Kawhi, stopped playing, team would have been better off. Still would be bad but at least they could focus on improving.

I hope the Rockets just stop playing him, no reason to risk him getting hurt.

#38 JayGoogle, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Rudyc281 and JumpMan like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im ready for it to be over. I was holding out hope. Just let harden sit until you trade him.

whats crazy is, this team could be a championship team if harden was all in. that's how good he is. If he isn't in, it doesn't work. Harden's will alone gets any team to the playoffs.

just get him out of here. it is what it is.

Os Trigonum, kjayp and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Outlier

Outlier Member

This quote is classic CF archive worthy just like T-Mac's quote of "it's on me".

Where are those fools who defended this guy to no end?

He's straight up quitting on the team, legendary style. Let's hope they don't give him any more interviews or it could get worse than this.

ElDobleK, TWS1986, Caesar and 2 others like this.