1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playing Off The Ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jan 10, 2021.

1. riko

riko Member

26 pts 11 assists 5 boards on 46 percent field goal 36 percent from the three point line is being exposed? Lol

ksny15 likes this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes. He cant be his usual 30+ pt self but is still very much the 5+ to guy. It doesn't add up as you have seen with the teams W-L record. His style of play isn't fit for winning. Same with Russell.

3. riko

riko Member

You do know when wall wasn’t playing harden averaged 39 points 12.5 assists 6 boards on 69% shooting and 50 percent from the three point line right? If you can’t see he is taking a backseat to wall when he is out there hence the less points then I don’t know what to tell u

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I mean you guys saying he’s been exposed do realize the ball is in his hands a lot less now and he isn’t taking nearly as many shots right? One’s numbers would decrease with a reduction on offense. Coincidentally the Rockets are awful with more “team ball” lol go figure.

5. DaneB

DaneB Member

I’m not saying that he should be Lebron James, I’m saying that great players can play off the ball. Harden can’t.
    That is my point...The great players can play off the ball. Lebron doesn’t need to have the ball every possession to be effective. Lebron has always been great at making others around him better. Harden is incapable of that. I can’t believe that we were so desperate to keep him that we completely ****ed up our future to this extent to get westbrook.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.