1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Caserio - Next GM

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Jan 5, 2021.

?

How you feel?

1. I love

26 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. I hate

84 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. meh

69 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. I don't know

61 vote(s)
    25.4%
  1. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

We truly were on the cusp of potentially having something special before Bill O’Brien got complete power. He should have been canned the second he couldn’t get along with Brain Gaine( after previously getting Rick Smith axed). Cal then managed to give Bill O’Brien absolute power until Joke Easterbunny came hopping along. Honestly, Texans fans, we deserve so much better. Deshaun deserves so much better. I wish there was something we could all do to force Cal’s hand to sell the team... but I’m afraid the damage has already been done

Mr. Clutch, gatsby, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

To save everyone a click:

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Red.Glare, Blake and whag00 like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Can’t tell if the firing part was before the Caserio hire or right now.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

McNair is a joke. I will say it right now, the Texans will NEVER win a Super Bowl unless Cal sells the team.

8. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

The Texans are a pit of misery.

noscrusir and Blake like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Oh look, an Orange criminal Supporter dismissing a Black person for having opinions.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This is worse than imagined. Cal McNair is a slave to Jack Easterby

clos4life and Htown Legend like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

They're synergizing their paradigms.

Mr. Clutch and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Lots of out of state companies are relocating to Texas. The Factory of Sadness is just the latest.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/11/m...-lamar-jackson-wins-cleveland-browns-overcome

Nick Caserio’s the right guy for Houston. I know that’s not what people down there want to hear right now—they’ve watched seven years of the team trying to adapt what the Patriots do in another place, and it’s understandable where this may feel like Cal McNair just trying to run it back one more time. Also, there’s no question this whole thing was sloppy. It had been communicated they weren’t going down the Patriot road again, and a search firm was hired to turn over new rocks. That search firm, Korn Ferry, discussed the idea of tapping John Dorsey as GM, which would’ve lined up with QB Deshaun Watson (more on him in a minute) wanting the team to take a look at Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy. When the Dorsey idea died on the vine, Korn Ferry advocated for Steelers exec Omar Khan on the GM side and Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus on the coaching side. And then, word got to McNair that Caserio had knocked his interview out of the park in Carolina, EVP Jack Easterby reentered the picture and, to the shock of many there, the Caserio hire was fast-tracked. A mess? Yup, that handling of all this was a mess. But that does not mean that the Texans didn’t get it right. Caserio’s smart as whip, and has experience in every facet of a football operation. He was the Patriots’ receivers coach in 2007, the year Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Donte’ Stallworth were acquired, and the New England offense exploded. He worked on both the scouting and coaching sides before that. He took Scott Pioli’s place in 2009, and since has been charged with negotiating trades and contracts, while staying true to his football roots (he’s even remained on the offensive headset during games). Make no mistake, there’s a reason why he was so sought after the last few years, and one bad season and a few shaky drafts doesn’t change that. Houston did well to land him, if they stepped on a lot of rakes before getting there.

Caserio should involve Watson in the coaching search. That doesn’t mean, by the way, letting Watson pick the next guy, which is not something Watson ever asked to do. It does mean treating him like an important piece of the Texans’ future, which he is. Here’s the thing: This whole fiasco is of Houston’s own doing. The team didn’t have to tell Watson he’d be involved. They did. Then, they consulted with him right up until they got close to making a hire, and once they got close to making a hire, Watson’s involvement ended. A candidate he’d discussed with them, Bieniemy, was out of the picture. Caserio was in it, as was Easterby. So it’s easy to see why Watson’s upset here. Anyone in that scenario would probably feel like they were being patronized and lied to, and the truth is that the team would’ve been better off not involving Watson at all than letting this go the way it did. Which has left a flaming bag of you-know-what on Caserio’s doorstep as he starts his new job. The answer going forward is pretty simple. Whether it’s Bills OC Brian Daboll, Rams DC Brandon Staley or someone else, just do your best to keep Watson updated. Let him know he’s valued. It’s not that hard, and if it had been done before, this mess would’ve been avoided before the Texans got to this very weird place with their most important player.

stevel likes this.
  16. csj

csj Member

and yet now you engage in. continuous harassment of me. You need professional help.

Add to it not knowing what moderating is. "Show some class" is not attempted moderation, but yes you need moderation...at least.

What is my "element" since you know so much about me? Also, who is not tagging me regularly in unrelated posts? You're out of your mind and need a serious timeout.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

@csj thoughts?

18. csj

csj Member

What does this even mean? And this guy claims he's the one being harassed. Why would any forum want this poster as a member?

Here are my thoughts, keep your incest within your own family.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Oh... That's interesting, but I wonder what @csj thinks about all this?

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Khan would have been great imo. He would have fired easterby too

So close to getting on track.

JamesC likes this.