1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Stephen Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by prodigy08, Jan 12, 2021.

1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Not too soon. Just right on time

2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

tbf i wanted jvg

3. because24

because24 Member

MDA don't look so bad now. At least he knew what his personnel was capable of.

HP3, HardenVolumeOne and pr0wler like this.
  4. HardenVolumeOne

You get what you pay for. Gotta spend money to win in the nba

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I’ll wait to judge and see what he does with the scrub squad he will be left with next year.

6. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Priority no 1. Save money.

So we are going to stick with Silas.

juanm34 likes this.
  7. Exiled

Exiled Member

& plz lets trade Wood/Cousins for shorter players

juanm34 likes this.
  8. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

For what its worth, I didn't see him making any adjustments this game after the ass whooping we got the first time around. We basically continued from where we left off last game lol.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

meanwhile . . .

[​IMG]

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think some of you guys are panicking too much, i mean, i can understand it, losing is never fun, and especially if you expected this team to be a contender it makes even more sense to be mad, fortunately for me i wasn't and i won't unless for some miracle everything comes clearly together in the right way. But i highly doubt it'll happen since you know, two players can't wait to be gone so they're probably not buying into the system, others (who are also known to be not exactly great lockeroom guys -> Cousins and Wall) are probably not happy too for different reasons, one is probably more in a stage where he has more interest in putting up numbers then actually win games (Wood)...good luck coaching this team and make a contender out of it.

The fact that they're losing is actually good cause we could actually tank and try to get a great pick in a great draft out of this mess, this team wasn't going to win anyway and Harden will be gone anyway in few months.

Just deal with it, once we hit the rebuild button Silas might turn out to be a good coach.

juanm34 likes this.
  11. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

we don't want to wait he gotta go

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Why did he trot out Nwaba again in the starting line up when it's obvious it's not working and we're being putt in a hole off the bat.

13. Fefo

Fefo Member

So you want to fire the new coach after 8 games? With a fat uninterested Harden that wants to be traded? And you think this team being terrible is the coach faults?
    This is ridiculous. Give the man a chance, he might be a terrible coach, or not, but if anything, this games has proven absolutely anything.

Denovo likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

so you're telling me there's a chance.gif

15. BleedsRocketRed

I know its early, but something just isn't working and needs changing

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Unfortunately The Tilman is still the owner.
    Silas = Money savings $$$$$

paboy1984 likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

this guy gets it.gif

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He's dealing with an overpriced PG, a disinterested superstar, a dumb ass SF, a short and old PF, a rail thin talented project at F/C, a volatile dinosaur C, a r****ded 6th man , and a bunch of G-leaguers called up because they "Can" hit a few open 3s as the bench brigade... And you expecting what from him?

ThrillaNManilla likes this.
  19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

In the nba if your best player, the lone superstar on the team doesn't want to be there - very few if any coach is going to be able to make a difference.

Jvg said it many times - nba teams being coachable, focused, bought in, etc is directly connected to how willing the star player on the team is willing to buy in.

The constant trade rumors, the recurring question surrounding the star player be they Durant in GS, AD in NO, PG in IND, Ingram in LA... Have an enormous negative impact on the team.

Golden state was able to overcome it, because of curry, klay and kerr. But even then (as we learn from kd/dray) the season was a tough one in terms of team unity/focus/cohesion. Ingram said the constant trade rumors directly affected the lakers team and it was obvious how AD trade demand affected NO.

Lastly I've seen many blaming silas and his offense for Harden's drop in performance.

Do people really believe silas can dictate to harden how to play when he couldn't even get him to return a phone call a few weeks ago. When even cp3 couldn't convince him to play in a different manner?

20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Gregg Popovich couldn't prevent this team from getting stomped by the Lakers. Why?

Cousins--HUGE RISK of a signing--Looks like he barely belongs on an NBA floor and can’t defend ****.

Wood--Nothing but potential--Has shown flashes, but has also looked lost on offense and COMPLETELY overmatched on defense.

Gordon— looks completely washed, and can’t make a shot to save his life

Tucker—Is useless on offense unless he is standing in a corner wide open.

Nwaba- Replacement level nba player

Brown-replacement level nba player

House- Maybe slightly above replacement level, but not by much

Mclemore- Replacement level nba player

Wall-is playing well enough to contribute on a good team, but not anywhere even close to a first option.

So explain to me how a different coach has this roster competitive against an extremely deep defending champion roster?

Side note - Silas feels like a bad coach and Harden is completely checked out.

**Forgot about Tate. I like Tate. He’s a bright spot.

#40 T for 3, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    javal_lon likes this.