1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Going to need to pick one soon- harden or silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

harden isn't going to want to play with this coach for long ...there will be a rift coming soon. The downfall from d antoni is real. Mike was the perfect coach for his play style

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Trade Harden and move on. As long as this organization keeps picking Harden it will keep ending up in the same spot. Just in the middle of the playoffs somewhere but never in the NBA finals.

theDude, kjayp, Hank McDowell and 7 others like this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’ll take Silas.

4. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Harden don't want to be here,trade him and start a rebuild.If he wins elsewhere then good for him.We can't keep Harden forever and at some point he will decline.This current roster is not championship material.Lets rebuild with Wood and the new young player.

pr0wler and dmoneybangbang like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Move on and rip the bandaid off. This isn't about the coach, this is about the talent and the ability to upgrade the talent.

pr0wler and Highlyrated like this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

if you didn't notice Harden doesn't want to play for this city/team/coach period and he announced it months ago but yet our trash owner is still holding onto him like some jealous ex.

Denovo, RasaqBoi and Highlyrated like this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If you mean a coach who lets harden do whatever he wants, yes, D'Antoni was the perfect coach .... to get eliminated in the playoffs.

kjayp, Denovo, dmoneybangbang and 2 others like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Can we get rid of both. Name one thing Silas has done right on the court. Looks like garbage on both ends of the floor

calurker, WestendMassive and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Tillman ain’t paying anyone that’s not working for him. Silas will coach through his contract no mater how well this goes.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well, we can't trade Silas for anything, and Harden hates the owner so it would make no difference. So.... given this false choice... I trade Harden.

12. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Let’s at least give him some players that actually want to be here first. He was dealt a terrible hand.

harold bingo and Hank McDowell like this.
  13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Probably move Hardens for good (not great) players in return. We will be better than with Harden, but not going to contend for a while. Right now Harden is not working and the supporting cast is not working.

14. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

He's not Ty Lue. That's all I got.

15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

There's nothing to pick, the team is just waiting for the trade deadline to maximize their return for Harden.

Denovo likes this.
  16. Nimo

Nimo Member

This team, especially James Harden, looks like they don't practice. No boxing out, every shot looks difficult, they don't know when to switch on defense, etc. There is definitely a James Harden not engaged (or not himself) problem but it looks like there is more to it.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They are minimizing their return with Harden with these performances. We should have done this before the season started.

18. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I find it difficult to understand that some continue to insist that this is a good team. This team is not even competitive.
    There are two ways to go, trade Harden and rebuild or trade for some pieces that improve this team. But it must be now.

19. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

They have talent to look better than this. Harden is a superstar.
    Wood has talent
    Wall

The warriors don't have more talent than us and have a better record

It's coaching

20. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I'm a big proponent at digging deep in dire times, but I think even I have given up for the time being. This just isn't a contending team.

Things went downhill ever since we traded Paul. Wall is a nice player, but he isn't as smart of a defender and isn't as efficient offensively. Teams are still sagging off on him which they would never do vs CP3. Teams are double teaming Harden every time he has a favourable 1 on 1 matchup, and we don't have the personnel or coaching to exploit these advantage situations. I don't see this changing any time soon, so I would rather move on from Harden and look to rebuild for 2-3 years down the road.

HP3 likes this.