1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video Game Squad Up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rusHour, Jan 12, 2021.

1. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Maybe late to the game, but with “getting back to normal” still in the far distance, I wanted to get a group together, with similar interests in rooting for cursed franchises lol, to play games. This is purely just to start the conversation and I'm open to any suggestions on format, games, etc. If we get enough interest, we could coordinate in many different ways.

Goal: Create a group for adults to play noncompetitive games virtually

# of People: 10-12 (maybe more if there is a lot of interest)

Console or PC: I currently own a PC, Xbox, PS, Switch

Games: Mainly party games (Jackbox Party games, Among Us) where groups of people can play at one time but open to co-op games or even sport franchises

Time: 1 per weekend or every other weekend; after child bedtimes (I’m a Dad and expect there are other Dads/Moms that would be interested)

Communication: Open to text, email, Discord, social media for pregame; Should have mic available for live chat during gameplay
    If you're interested, got questions, msg me or post.

#1 rusHour, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Uprising, TWS1986 and Xerobull like this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I had created a Clutchfans group quit a few years ago. There's a 120+ people in it. Might make it easier to attempt a "meet up" to jump in a game together.
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Clutchfans

I forgot it was in my signature on here.

TWS1986 likes this.
  4. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I'd love to do some gaming. Preferably something maybe the little lady and I could join in on like JackBox. Love that game lol. It does get a little stale after a while of playing, but that's after a while. Put me down for some JackBox. Weekends usually work best.

rusHour likes this.
  5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'd be down for something...just rocking the Switch

6. rusHour

I appreciate the mention. Although I figured someone had to beat me to this idea, I had no clue this community on Steam existed. Will keep it in mind. How active is it?

Uprising likes this.
  7. rusHour

My kind of people! lol I cant lie that I was going to include my better half as well - game dependent of course.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Joined the steam group. Not to steal your Thunder, @rusHour. You could join and announce your idea in the comments.

I may be able to join a group game sometime. My time is pretty limited though.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Discord server?

10. rusHour

From the outside looking in, it doesn't seem very active. Ideally I would like something a little more involved but again my opinion is from the outside. Or maybe I am asking for too much. Only joining and posting, or having a member speak up, could provide more on the community's activity.

Xerobull likes this.
  11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I never made one for it. Just the group way back. For just to see who else plays on steam and possibly connecting for a game.