1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

January 6, 2021 Aftermath: Repercussions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This made me literally laugh out loud. This is the most entitled group of "revolutionaries" ever. I'm supposed to feel sorry for him because he can't get an organic menu in jail? If the bologna in the sandwiches they serve you hasn't turned green yet, you're way ahead of the curve.

Dgn1, mdrowe00, Dubious and 10 others like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The guy with the zip ties also went there with his mom. I detect a pattern.

Dgn1, mdrowe00, Dubious and 10 others like this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is their pre Trump Presidency status quo. Like blowing up buildings in OKC.

mdrowe00, Blatz, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Many of these people weren't hiding their identity and even gave their names to the press and on social media. I don't think many of them think consequences through that well. I think there will be things happening on the 20th and after the 20th.

mdrowe00 and Blatz like this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Mental issues that span generations it seems.

mdrowe00, ArtV and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if this was posted already but a very sad aftermath..
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/claudiakoerner/capitol-police-suicide

A Capitol Police Officer On Duty During The Coup Attempt Has Died By Suicide
    Officer Howard Liebengood was 51 years old.

A US Capitol Police officer on duty during Wednesday's coup attempt by Trump supporters died by suicide on Saturday, his family has announced.

Officer Howard Liebengood, 51, had been assigned to the Senate Division and joined the department in 2005.

Barry Pollack, a lawyer for Liebengood's family, told BuzzFeed News the officer had been at the Capitol during the insurrection.

"His death is a tragedy that has deprived all of us a dedicated public servant," Pollack said. "His family has suffered a devastating loss and asks that they be given space to grieve in private."

His death came days after an attempted coup by violent Trump supporters left a fellow Capitol Police officer dead. Officer Brian Sicknick was injured while "physically engaging" with rioters and later died at a hospital.

According to CBS News, several Capitol Police officers have threatened self-harm in the days following the riot.

The union representing the Capitol Police said the dead officers' service will not be forgotten.

"We are reeling from the death of Officer Liebengood," Gus Papathanasiou, chair of the Capitol Police Labor Committee, said in a statement. "Every Capitol Police Officer puts the security of others before their own safety and Officer Liebengood was an example of the selfless service that is the hallmark of USCP."

Members of Congress also remembered Liebengood.

"He was friendly, professional, and dedicated to the job," Sen. Roy Blunt said in a statement Sunday. "I appreciate everything he did to keep us safe."

Rep. Dean Phillips said he mourned Liebengood, but he also called for accountability for the failures in Wednesday's response.

"Our officers need more than gratitude," he said in a tweet. "They need authentic, capable leadership and meaningful support, and I call on my colleagues to join me demanding it immediately."

Others also remembered Liebengood as a friendly face within the Capitol building.

mdrowe00 and seemoreroyals like this.
  9. Xerobull

You said a mouthful there.

10. Xerobull

11. Xerobull

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Agree and that's one way to get term limits since these perpetual teet suckers will never implement them.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How can they when the Supreme Court already ruled on Citizens United.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

In reality, they just didn't want to lend him anymore money and now they have an out clause lol.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

One good thing that may come out of all this is the precedent that is being set that if you deny the truth (voting against certifying the results) then companies will stop wanting to do business with you. Hopefully it continues as the party of science deniers and liars should lose more and more money.

18. Xerobull

In a capitalistic society where money is the bottom line, the best lesson for these people is to have their wallet taken away. If we can't have morality at least we can have accountability via lost business.

19. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I can't help but wonder if it was guilt or stress from what happened that led to this.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Woah **** is getting real.

I have no idea why these stupid ****s thought they were gonna be able to do this with no consequences.

Trump really unlocked something in this look at me age.

mdrowe00 likes this.