1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do we fix the divide & teach truth to the disenfranchised?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Jan 10, 2021.

1. malakas

malakas Member

A government that fears the people is a failed government.

That can make only short sighted populist decisions , aim instead of the well being of the people, only for demagogic practices that will insure that they will remain in power.
    Circus and breads.

subtomic and Ubiquitin like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

Absolutely. You can critisize. You can doubt. You can judge.
    If you want to deny reality you are absolutely free to do it

As long as you respect democracy.
    As long as you don't raise your arm to hang the vice president and kill the members of the parliament.
    Coexistence is impossible with such people. Who are not the majority of Trump supporters.
    They are extremists who should be called and stigmatised and censored and imprisoned. Not patriots, terrorists.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those lost to outright alternate realities like QAnon are not reachable. It's a cult that is so nebulous and devoid of reality that sustained belief in it requires an outright rejection of the world around you.

I truly don't know the answer to social media. Facebook won't change its business model. Sure, they can ban Trump. But the insidious nature of Facebook is that it's a constant drip of information from people that you know. That's how QAnon lunacy has seeped into middle America. Church moms are not following kekfuhrer420 on Parler; their friend from choir practice is sharing dozens of "stories" per day about the blood-drinking pedophile cult at the DNC. They don't think their friends are stupid or would lie to them and so begins the erosion of objective truth and reality.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'll tell you one thing as an American I'm not taking any advice from a Greek wanker.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

74 million people in the US are not terrorist, but they were gullible fools that let their bias (black President) overule their common sense and ability to discern truth and reality. Truth was available to them every day in the 'respected' mainstream media. The real criminals in this are the Liars that purposely manipulated them, politicians, the Murdochs, Mercers and Koch and corporate heads that actually paid them to lie. You didn't have to run your ad on Fox, you chose to support lies on the public airways!

DaDakota, malakas and mdrowe00 like this.
  6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

As someone that preferred Trump and felt he did ok his first 3 years mainly due to economy , it is evident the year 2020 exposed him for his dark weaknesses and how he embarrassed the conservative side of the US political spectrum. I personally value coexistence with people that differ from me.

We can each point fingers and say I’m right, your wrong. My side is the truth but still say even tho we differ you are still my brother or sister.

I’m gonna tell you something personal for a second which I’m hesitant because some posters like to use personal things against you but that’s ok, I can handle it and it wouldn’t be the first time so I’ll open up..my sister is lesbian, for the longest time my family had difficulty accepting it. We didn’t agree with it growing up , my parents nearly devastated ...she left home I think at 17 and had some financial hardships mainly due to that...right before I got married at 24, maybe when I was 22/23 we got back together and realized we (as a family) had a choice...either have her back in our lives or reject her and rejecting her meant going about our lives as if she didn’t exist. We simply could not do that. My sister was still my sister. Today we are as different as you can imagine. Our political inclinations waaaay apart , but at the end of the day, she’s still my sister and the childhood memories I have of her growing up with me cannot be erased. My daughters adore their aunt today ....so when I think of whether we should be United even tho we are so different it’s a question I ponder a lot recently for real...but maybe thinking about my family situation should answer that

Sweet Lou 4 2 and malakas like this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Great story and glad your family found peace in the end. Life is too short.

I too believe in unity but history shows that compromise when it comes to this country's cultural divides is only a weakness that detours true introspection and accountability. Giving Trump an out for mounting a failed Coup is not seeking unity, it's saying it's ok. For the sake of the Republic it cannot stand.

DaDakota, Ubiquitin, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

It is a failed Coup not tax evasion.
    He can't be given an out.

What are you going to tell your children?
    Look honey, this was the president who tried to topple democracy and let his thugs loose to try to hang the vice president, but now he is walking free in Russia.
    As long he is alive he will be a stain in your nation.
    Let alone that in 5 minutes after leaving he will start working for your enemies inciting domestic terrorists to carry out attacks, and he will have to be assasinated.

IMO : no matter if you are far right conservative or far left democrat you are a citizen of the country. And toppling democracy is an attack to all the nation no matter what culture or political opinion.
    Toppling democracy is not a matter of free speech or 1st amendment. It is an attack against the very basis of the country.

You can unite with the Trump voters who believe in democracy.
    But those organising coups?
    There is no negotiating.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

First we need an enormous and continuous WPA jobs program. Get people working doing important jobs fixing infrastructure, improving communities, and realizing hey I work for the government too and I’m not lazy or evil.

Second a lot of old and uneducated people are going to continue to slowly die off replaced by more educated and less fear and conspiracy driven people.

Third we need to address mental health problems. It’s not normal to think the Deep State is out to put microchips in your vaccines.

DaDakota and B-Bob like this.
  10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Disenfranchisement?

These Red State yahoos
    • have over representation in the Senate
    • have over representation in the WH (due to the Electoral College)
    • have over representation in the laws passed
    • have over representation in the USSC
    • have over representation in the dollars spent per capita

The citizens of California are ones who should screaming about disenfranchisement.

Xenon, Rashmon, Andre0087 and 5 others like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Uneducated people procreate at higher rates:

Andre0087 and Xerobull like this.
  12. KingCheetah

Post reported.

Ubiquitin and Phillyrocket like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here's one suggestion...tweeting the phrase “house democrats in body bags” is never okay.

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dude, take your freaking editorials and shove them.

calurker, Rashmon and Ubiquitin like this.
  15. KingCheetah

Godspeed.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

First rule of Deep State ...

Ubiquitin and KingCheetah like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Monkeys flinging poo at each other."

Ubiquitin likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maybe start with society not accepting lies? Pence and other said you are entitled to your opinions, but not your own facts. Let's make politician accountable to outright lies. What a concept, right? Let's not accept lies?

Yea, yea, 1A this and that. Everyone seems to forgot that commercial ads that lie aren't protected speech. The Gov can and do go after you for lying about your products. 1A has multiple exceptions. Exceptions that are deem good for society. Child p*rn, obscenity, incitement of violence, even threat against the President are not protected. And yet here we are, in modern time where lies spread like wildfire and we just take it. Can anyone argue that widespread lies are good for society? Imagine if we do something about it, like we did in the commercial space. We got to stop taking outright lies and accept that it's protected in the political sphere. People that outright lies need to be held liable. Maybe start there.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I actually like this one a lot. Any politician who posts or says something that is determined to be a lie must publicly retract it.

DaDakota likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum
    Have people stop watching Fox News video clips all the time in this dumb section and stop praising state media which resides in countries like China and Iran and North Korea