1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/10/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

This season has been like killing old yelled and it makes me sad.

2. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Tate already fits the Silas offense better than House, for example. Sterling Brown seems to be a good fit too. Silas has a more traditional offense, MDA had a roster that maximized Harden's strengths - let him drive, handle the ball, and give him as much flexibility as possible to create and score. That's not Silas's offense and the roster will have to adjust accordingly.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

House is more versatile than Brown though.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

There is not a team making the trade for James Harden, who is going to adjust their offer based on Harden's usage.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not enough of this.

Or this.

#1585 D-rock, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

No denying that Wood is at his best when Harden is feeding him.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Refs seem VERY hesitant to call fouls on Drives for the Rockets now
    Esp for Wall and Harden

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trade would be based on this.

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I read the post expecting to see something stupid said that warranted that gif.

Still scratching my head to it because there was not one thing that gif relates to.

Some people (usually those on high horses who think they're so important they must explicitly state who they are at the end of their 50,000 messages) are just so dense that no matter how much common sense you throw their way they still think you're an idiot.

Stupid people have a way of thinking they're the smartest in the room.

10. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

A trade based off of what, points? LMAO damn you are so bad at this stuff. Why haven't we gotten a great package for Harden if he is the best player in the game like you say?

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why are you so stupid?

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Everyone hates Harden's iso game until Rockets fall so far behind then everyone prays for iso Harden.

LOL

You all can have your "pretty" basketball, I'll take winning basketball any day.

Without regular season wins, there will be no opportunity in postseason.

s3ts likes this.
  13. riko

riko Member

You call this garbage Silas putting out there pretty?

A lot of the only effective plays is still from MDA the drive and wrap around pass to the corner three pointer . The pick and roll is just Harden and Woods chemistry. I don’t think that is coaching

s3ts and D-rock like this.
  14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If I had to guess I would say he’s up high on assists as well.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

That's the best answer your dumb ass can come up with? You'll repost any tweet that goes along with your Harden narrative. You said that a trade would be based off this, which displayed the most points scored in the NBA since 2012. One of the guys on that list was WB, but who is trading for WB? Same for Harden, you are basing everything off of points to create a narrative. But teams would be willing to give up more assets for a guy like AD even though he is not on that list as opposed to a guy like Harden was my point because of fit and team chemistry. I was trying to get your position to help me understand your point of why you posted the tweet because I didn't get it, just seems like you're just posting random Harden $hit like always...but NVM lol

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cousins is pretty good...at getting disqualified from games.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

You dont see that Harden is leading the next highest scorer by almost 3,000 points, a gap that is a chasm the size of the Grand Canyon?

#2 behind Harden is also Lebron James, you might know him, he is considered along with Michael Jordan to be the GOAT.

Or did that escape your comprehension like basic math did?

How about Harden also leading NBA in assists right now?

Or that Harden led NBA in scoring AND steals last season, which has only been done by Iverson and MJ in modern era.

Or that Harden is only NBA player ever to lead NBA in scoring (3×), assists and steals.

Rockets, unlike you and your ilk, will not just give Harden away for peanuts.

But you still cannot understand this so how can I NOT conclude you are either mentally challenged or just fvcking stupid beyond belief?

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

There is no one better.

Morris brothers and Draymond are distant 2nd place.

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

Stone needs to tell Cousins that we are paying him for 20 mpg not 5 or 10.

I honestly can't tell what Silas is trying to do with our offense at this point. High volume 3s is not working for us. We also can't take care of the ball.

Too many problems to say we're a contender this year.

20. TimDuncanDonaut

On Laker's fast breaks with the long pass to AD, the mismatch is compounded by the height difference. Laker's passer throws it high to AD, and with Mr. unibrow's his long arms will catch. If a shorter Rockets defender fronts him, he may get lucky, but still difficulty intercepting (and risky). If the Rocket defender plays behind AD, but AD catch it under the net, it's either a foul or a Laker's bucket.

Boggie (and maybe CWood) are probably the only with height and wing span to adequately defend. This game Boogie was ejected and CWood with foul trouble. As faulty as Bruno is, not sure if there are anyone else can take turns on AD.

Sad thing is, in Vogel's post game interview, he said in this game they didn't even go to their option B/C/D. They kept their scheme simple and was saving it for playoffs. So this isn't even Laker's trying their best.

#1600 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    bmelo and D-rock like this.