1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/10/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I didn’t see “mopey” Harden at all. I saw a guy that did exactly what his “coach” wanted him to do.

I saw a guy that scored when he could and managed a -11, better than all the other starters. I saw a guy that knows that Silas and Stone and Fertitta are wasting his time but still gave effort.

I saw a LOT of bad things in this game, and Harden isn’t in the top 5. I saw Wood who cannot defend his shadow and is dominated against good players. I saw a guy that will score but do absolutely nothing else. I saw Wall who is being asked to carry a load by a coach that is over his head that Wall is not capable of carrying.

I saw Eric Gordon yet again just cashing checks because he only cares about the Rockets when he gets a green light to shoot 20 times.

I saw a head coach that was badly out coached coached. A coach that has at best mediocre substitutions and is doing what no one else has been able to do - stop Harden.

I see an organization that has a rookie GM and Coach that saved the owner a lot of money. I see an organization that is currently in the bottom 1/3 of the league in how they are being ran.

I see a team that has a better chance or finishing under .500% than getting to the second round of the playoffs.

D-rock and psaman17 like this.
  2. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Transition defense, three point shooting, turnovers and a big thing was thier bench killed our bench.

Tough loss, but things to focus on for next game.

ak99999 likes this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

It’s time to move James.
    This team is not doing **** anyways and I’d rather see some young hungry guys playing with energy than this deputy dog ass ninja out there moping around feeling sorry for himself.

If we are going to lose, lose while building something for the future.

hakeem94 and ak99999 like this.
  4. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

You should be embarrassed. Your takes are f*cking embarrassing.

hakeem94, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Ok sure....like he's never disappeared in the playoffs. You don't think carrying teams wear you down? Because Harden totally had enough energy to win one game against KDless Warriors? See what you want and I'll keep to facts.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

all you do is attack him.................Never seen you say anything positive about him in the years i have been here

D-rock and Landsdale like this.
  7. Mr. Space City

Clutchfans doesn't know what they want.

Dudes just said they didn't want excessive Harden isolation after the Mavs game.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Wood got in to foul trouble early remember and Davis won't overpower you too much, he is a jump shooter

9. psaman17

psaman17 Member

I fell asleep in the first quarter. What'd I miss?

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tilman and Stone hired Silas, we need to stop manufacturing conspiracies.

Morey was just the sacrifice. Think Mike Pence.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah, that is what it means. Silas has taken the greatest isolation player in the modern NBA and cut way down on his isolations, last I looked by 50%. When Harden did try to isolation more Silas said it deviated from “what they want to do”. So Harden is doing what Silas wants and so far without a public complaint...

TEXNIFICENT, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you make me sad.gif

13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Isn't this what you guys want? For Harden to be gone so we can play this passing and move but losing basketball.

That's the thing, Harden can play well below his best but somehow he can offer more than Wall can in most of his games. A below than best Harden running the point is still better than an in form Wall running the point. That's the sad reality.

D-rock, Nook and HP3 like this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

So how do you handle these games over there? It’s the end of our day. I believe it’s like 10am there or so? Eat your feelings? Watch reruns at work? Study memes? Write letters to the tv network? Ahhhhh... I shall visit you one of these days and on that day we shall be victorious somehow.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Nope; try again 20 point 9 assists on 61 TS% Sorry but nah

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  16. Omar Turcios

Omar Turcios Member

At this point I’d rather have Boogie Cousins start over Wood, if only Boogie can stay on the court. The few minutes he was in the court the team looked pretty good. We need another big as well, like many have said on here.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I guess, but Harden had 7 alone meanwhile Gordon and Wall combined for 8. I'm not blaming Harden just stating the box score.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. psaman17

psaman17 Member

The worst thing about all this is that Hardens trade value is plummeting with reduced usage.

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I actually can see both sides of it. Lets be honest if Harden wanted to he could be more agressive but I bet Silas isnt exactly asking him to be so.