1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Best Buy?

2. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Yes

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Sorry guys wrong thread.

#1523 tmoney1101, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What you gonna play

5. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Ghost of T, spiderman remastered and madden (lol I know but i have a free ps5 version)

Although my TV cant do HDMI 2.1, im looking forward to 4k/60 fps with my OLED (or just buy a gaming monitor)

4k/60 fps is cool though right?

tinman likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When was it available?

7. Poloshirtbandit

Missed out again. :mad:

tinman and Blatz like this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Earlier today. Wario posted on Twitter and I saw it ten mins later. Womp womp

tinman likes this.
  9. Poloshirtbandit

If anyone is still looking I was able to get Spider-Man Demon Souls bundle in my cart on GameStop. I didn't buy it because I don't want either of those games. Going to keep trying for a non bundle.

Edit: never mind. It won't let me check out. Says out of stock.

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

A bit of a warning for PS5 users... it's possible I'm just staggeringly unlucky, but starting to seem more likely that there are some pretty serious QA issues with the DualSense controllers.

So here's my journey with PS5 controllers so far:
    1) One came with system I got from Sony Direct. This worked for about a month before the right trigger's resistance completely went away; I assume broken spring. The button still functioned but the adaptive trigger aspect did not, and feather-weight would press it.
    2) I ordered a second controller from Amazon in order to scam them for a replacement (yes, dick move, but they've been dicks to me in the recent past so I don't feel too bad about it!). This particular controller is still working okay for nearly an entire 2 weeks! Woohoo!
    3) Replacement for "defective" second controller arrives. Rumble function is so loud it can drown out TV shows my wife is watching, unlike correctly-functioning controller #2.
    4) Replacement for replacement arrives. Same issue as #3. At this point Amazon won't even let me replace it again so I'm instead returning it for a refund.

So to recap, of 4 controllers:
    1 had the trigger break after a month
    2 had defective rumble on arrival
    1 working correctly for not quite 2 weeks, who knows if that will hold up.

So now because I'm paranoid about the fragility of these controllers I've actually turned adaptive triggers off at the system level, which sucks, because it's a really cool function.

tmoney1101 and RC Cola like this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Mine is working great. 99'ers get better gear because we're influencers @tinman

tinman likes this.
  12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’ve had both of mine since day 1 and they’re both still working good maybe just luck of the draw.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Classic Sony. Half-baked ideas that needed to be put back in the oven. The reason I wont buy their consoles again.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah that controller is baked perfectly. Best thing about the console perhaps. Definitely the most surprising. Astro's will blow you away. Don't let hulk hands @Drexlerfan22 scare you.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Influencers ?
    We’re the past, present and future of technology

Ziggy likes this.
  16. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

The Elite controller had quite bad issues too though that led to them needing to extend the warranty. And Joycons had widespread issues upon launch. None of the big players in the console space have been perfect.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It is not that the controller has issues, It is how Sony responds to those issue. Microsoft extended the warranty for the Elite Series 2 (I have one), but can also get a 3 years warranty on that $180 controller for $20. The 3 year extended Warranty thru MS for the Xbox Series X is $49 (covers 2 controller replacements...). Sony does offer and extended warranty on their console. You have by thru whatever retailer...which is going to be more expensive. Tells all you need to know about Sony. I had issues with them with a PlayStation and then a PS3. Had no problem with MS fixing a RROD. It is about backing your products.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Microsoft and Sony need Elon to teach them how mass product products quickly and efficiently with robots

GIVE THE PEOPLE THEIR SYSTEMS SLOWPOKES

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20. Poloshirtbandit

Managed to get PS5 in my shopping cart at Target this morning but by the time I went to checkout it was out of stock. So close. :mad:

tinman likes this.