1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Harden stays, the Rockets team is a championship contender

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Jan 2, 2021.

1. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

That's an idea.

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

This is why Harden wants to leave. Our team, coach and owner aren't good enough.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

How do you feel about them now?

5. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Is that Cal “COWSH!T FOR BRAINS” MCNAIR?

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am still good with them
    Just need to gell

Rocket River

kjayp likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Hardens not even here, he checked out.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He’s going along to get along. Not rocking the boat. Playing Silas ball until he gets traded.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Right, he’s not playing bad by any means, but he’s not going all out. He’s got cruise control on at 60%

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Agree to disagree. Will they win games? Yes. Chance at a championship? I reaaaaaally don't think so, and that's even if Harden sticks around.

13. dmoneybangbang

I'm not sure they will even win games. If Harden wants to stay, he should sit with a lingering ankle season and just go for keeping our top 4 pick. I'm not seeing a realistic mid season trade.

14. Asian Sensation

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden doesn’t tank games. Y’all are letting the shot attempts fool you

16. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

I'm more worried about the depth of our team (wing player, backup C/PF, etc) than the attitude of Harden.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wood, I love him, he's 25 so I won't be harsh...

But this man has 0 presence in the paint. He may as well be a wing. Cousins is not paint beast but even just being a big body that understands to contest shots and box out understands the paint game better. Tucker understands the game better.

Wood just has close to 0 impact down low. Every now and then he blocks shots and gets boards due to his insane length but the team really needs another long body that can help down low. I guess House helps with that sure but we see what happens when Cousins goes out for the entire game. Just doesn't look good.

Again, Wood is 25 and hopefully the more he plays down low the more he can sharpen his instincts but yeah, I didn't think he'd be this bad down low.

Rest of the team needs to learn how to shoot. I don't think even Wall is as bad as people make it out to be, Wall is shooting near 50% lol and he's barely taking threes and he's playing solid defense. the issue is...again...no one hits shots, open shots. Even when we need just ONE GUY to have a good shooting night.

Hopefully law of averages kicks in (soon) and we can go on a win streak.

Team has a ton of chemistry and coaching issues they will have but I don't feel like they are bad. Cream will rise to the top at the end of a season as it always does (See Hawks falling to the mean already and the Kings and Denver catching up...) and still 90% of the season left but again, they don't want to dig too deep of a hole. The schedule hasn't been too kind to the Rockets either.

HP3 likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Championship? We talkin’ about a championship?