1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

You're fooling yourself if you think championship rings don't matter for your legacy. That's why you play the game, the money and the rings. Quit your Harden simping...

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The warriors were terrible in that game. We were just worse. CP woulda made a huge difference cuz he wouldn't be jacking up threes.

3. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Man please, we knew the answer to this question before it was even asked. Of course Curry can carry his own team. HardenOnlyFans must feel silly with this thread seeing that the Warriors have a better record than us. Now HardenOnlyFans are moving the goal post to March now. LMAO...only on CF

4. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

CP3 would have actually used his head in Game 7 unlike that so called brain dead coach of ours, and James "I'm not a real leader" Harden.

5. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Talking about simping when your posts filling up the whole damn page ahaha

[​IMG]

roslolian likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is all counterfactual speculation. He would have made a huge difference. Or he would not. It's not like CP3 had not been a part of one of the biggest choke jobs in NBA history after his opponent had played terrible in a game. Rockets fans should know. ;)

arabrocket likes this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

they dont give a crap about cp3, they just using him to scapegoat harden some more. Harden is playing the way many on these boards claimed and said he couldnt and they are still whining. They want their michael beasley and zack lavines. thats it

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  8. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Steph Curry is finally playing well, from an abysmal start he has finally turned things around and averaging 30 pts on 39% 3 pt shooting over 9 games.

We'll see if he crumbles later on the season but so far he definitely is proving he can carry his own team. I like to give props where it is due and props to Curry for carrying an obv subpar team vs Portland and Clippers. Yeah his team record sucks but when you look at his roster really only Wiseman and maybe Looney are the only 2 guys I'd take on to the Rox so can't really blame Curry for that record.

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I wanna see him carry a whole team for a whole season... not just a few games. Then we'll talk. People are really quick to say stuff these days. Not singling you out. :)

11. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Well I think Curry is a pretty proven commodity at this point in his career, this is not a knee jerk reaction. At this stage of his career we know exactly who Curry is as a player. So I don't get this whole "prove it" thread for a 32 year old player, that is a 2X MVP, 3X champ, and was the best player on the team pre Durant that "led" the Warriors to a title in 2015. If Curry decides today that he no longer wants to play basketball and retires his legacy is already cemented in the sport. Curry is a completely different player from James. He's not a heavy iso guy like Harden, he's a miniature version of Reggie Miller. A lot of Curry's points are going to come off screens, pin downs, moving away from the basket, etc. He's a shooter, compared to Harden being a scorer. But again I just don't think Curry has to prove anything to me or anyone at this point.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The fact that you can't even bring yourself to type the number is pretty sad. You'll gladly point out when he scores a subpar 13. Is it the worst thing in the world if a player you root against scores a bunch of points?

Htown's Finest likes this.
  13. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Not at all. But no player is more overrated in this league than Steph. Media darling.

Does well: glorified

Does poorly: no mention, no blame

The fact some posters use the stat of 30.6 ppg for a few games as validation and dismiss 36.1 for an enitre season confuses me entirely.

#1053 Clutch City1993, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  14. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Great answer

15. SunsRocketsfan

Virtual fist bump. Lol. Maybe when this stupid pandemic ends we can have a real fist bump at a game. Agree with your take. Team play and chemistry have always been one of the most important aspects of championship teams.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  16. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I'm down with that bro!

17. HardenVolumeOne

Probably won’t see Asian sensation, htown s finest and the rest of the curry stans in here tonight

#1057 HardenVolumeOne, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Imagine if Harden shot 2/16 and only scored 11 points. You wouldn't hear the end of it.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Can James Harden carry his team tho? Look like absolute dog ****. (Remember hyping the Kings wins a few days ago LOL)

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This kind of threads always devolve into "now I gloat" "now you gloat" kind of thing depending on how the said player plays on a given night.

JumpMan likes this.