1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...earch-firm-hiring-gm-nick-caserio-sources-say

This organization is such a mess.

mikol13, whag00 and CometsWin like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

WOW

Mort:

Reports that Deshaun Watson is unhappy with the Texans are accurate after the team hired Nick Caserio as GM and did not interview Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy as a head coach candidate, sources have confirmed. Watson has a new $156M contract but his concerns about the franchise’s insensitivity on social justice causes have been reinforced and a source close to the quarterback says he very well could push for a trade. One scenario for a landing spot is the Miami Dolphins, trading places with Tua T. You’re not gonna get anything but denials at this stage from both franchises but this is an offseason puzzle we may be trying to put together.

Schefter:

The other option at Deshaun Watson’s disposal in the opinion of people around the league would be this: withholding his services from the Houston Texans. That’s how angry he’s said to be. It’s only January, it’s just getting started, perhaps they can calm him down and talk to him but that is an option the Texans would not want to see. Deshaun could wind up withholding his services, threaten to retire or at least not go to Houston but this is an issue not going away.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Multiple people in the Texans organization, including but not limited to quarterback Deshaun Watson, were upset with how Houston's search took a sudden and unexpected turn, hiring a man that Korn Ferry did not include on its list of candidates.

Watson is said to be furious at the Texans' direction, and others are as well, with some saying that there will be employees who wind up leaving the organization during the offseason.

mikol13 likes this.
  5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Holy crap

7. dookiester

dookiester Member

Good for Deshaun. He can burn all the bridges with the texans and the rest of the nfl will still be lining up to pay him. No reason to put up with this clown organization.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So is he unhappy with their insensitivity towards social justice or the hires?

If its the former, I don't see that going away any time soon... and has likely always been there, even before he signed his extension.

At this point, none of these old owners, or kids of old owners, are going to change their bias', political views, or their social justice sensitivity.... Houston probably has the most socially insensitive owners in all of pro sports, not that other cities owners are all that better (minus guys like Cuban who are definitely optimizing the TV ops).

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. conquistador#11

When Deshaun was smiling sitting next to Mahomes: "why is he smiling! Losing isn't fun. Football is fun?" Now he's rightfully angry because he wants to rid that culture of distrust, like cstyle called it and now some are upset that Deshaun is upset.
    "Omar khan or Louis were in line to be GM until they weren't" hmm how could that have happened. And again you could solve and regain a lot of trust by doing one simple thing ..

dookiester likes this.
  10. showa13

showa13 Member

Welp, Cal has entered James Dolan territory as far as owners go.

ReturnOfTheMac and dookiester like this.
  11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I expect cooler heads to prevail but won't blame DW4 for whatever decision he makes. I have never sided with players on holdouts and trade demands, but Cal McNair has shown he is more loyal to one man than the betterment of the franchise. This is something both the players and fans should be FURIOUS about and it's showing.

12. conquistador#11

I somewhat agree but I really wanted to see a franchise qb play in this city. =(

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Also, its clear Miami isn't sold on Tua and will likely use the #3 pick on a QB. Not that the Texans are ever going to trade Deshaun for .40 cents on the dollar till he literally starts missing game checks... but Miami is sending out all the leaks/feelers to try and drum up interest in a QB that they don't have any plans of keeping.

JayZ750, Two Sandwiches and UTSA2step like this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

To save everyone a click:

edit: nvm. Y'all way faster than me lol

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t blame Watson. I wouldn’t want to have my career wasted either by a horrible organization. As long as the McNairs are owners nothing will change. If/when he leaves I’ll become a fan of that team. He’s the only reason I give 1 **** about this pathetic organization at this point.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Damn. I really wanted Riddick. What is the point of hiring a firm to do a search and then completely ignoring them to go after the guy you wanted before you hired the firm? On top of that, you claimed you wanted the QB's input and you ignored him too. Just dumb.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I would have had Watson and Watt participate in the coaching interviews (and perhaps the GM interviews as well).

I am a senior engineer in my organization, and whenever my manager is hiring, she has me assist in the interviews and provide a recommendation. Sometimes she agrees, sometimes not.

She also had me evaluate resumes, and would almost always interview any candidate I thought was promising.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I swear I saw a reporter say that Caserio was on the list from Korn Ferry.

19. Major

Major Member

Exactly this. It's a process issue. One of your goals is to hire a GM and coach. But another one of your goals is to rebuild trust with your unhappy and very frustrated players - and the best way to do that is involve them in the process and get them on board so everyone from GM to coach to players are of one mind. It's leadership 101. Or leadership 001, maybe.

ReturnOfTheMac and UTSA2step like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member