1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

better late then never like Lady G I guess

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

These jokes are funny. Did @durvasa ever own up to this stupidity?

the11mingdynasty and dookiester like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Trump shouldn't even be a free man at this stage. He directly plotted and incited this.

Rashmon, AleksandarN, Dgn1 and 12 others like this.
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think federal prosecutors are waiting for another 10 days before the drop the real hammer on these terrorists. Will Trump mass pardon them? He has the power to pardon for any charges (past or future) brought in relation to the events of January 6 on the Capitol building.

This was brought up by another poster, but can Trump's pardon power be upheld in court if he's the one who incited the mob to go into the building. The guy with the horn costume alr

Would Trump mass pardon these terrorists who killed two law enforcement officers and injury so many others)? Nothing is beyond this mofo.

quikkag and dookiester like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's really difficult when I try to tell overseas friends just how ****ed it is here in our culture. About 40% or more of the population has embraced the idea that all non-right-wing media is hopelessly biased and can be ignored. So there are probably tons of people in the country here who simply don't believe Trump supporters overran the Capitol, and there are definitely tons of people who believe the Trump/FOX/OAN/Cruz lie that the election was "rigged."

NewRoxFan, Yung-T, CometsWin and 2 others like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What would like you me to own up to? This is a long thread, and a lot of information is coming out.

The danger posed by these insurrectionists who breached the Capitol looks to be far higher than I initially thought last Wednesday. We should be thankful that more people weren’t killed.

#1488 durvasa, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Stand by proudboys

You just learned about that here right

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is really good!

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hey thanks for recognizing something that even in an online forum was very difficult to do, Its been a crazy year with a lot of emotions, anger, resentment and even feelings of hopelessness. As I said, this was a mob no different than any other in the past year who have broken the law and created terror. And in the end accomplished nothing but death and embarrassment for the political party they supported. @vlaurelio you can attach me to everything you hate Trump and or Conservatives. But if there is no common ground and decency for another's opinion even when admitted wrong then that's just hatred with no desire for peace or unity.

But I do appreciate you B-bob, it does give me a glimpse of hope that maybe the next four years are not going to be hell, that maybe I just renounced others opinions they way they have mine and exploring other possibilities may not be a sign of surrender or failure but a chance to learn and understand. I've stayed away from anything politics in the last few days because I don't feel I have anyone or anything to support anymore other than my own opinion and thoughts which I've kept to myself and admittedly expanded to point of views like yours. This is where peace and unity begins.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Thanks, man, and back at you.

I just feel like we, all together, have much bigger problems than beating up on one another in an online basketball forum. LOL. Not that I always practice what I preach. Take care.

jiggyfly and Salvy like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Thanks for understanding the horribleness of the Capitol riot.

As a point of contention, I still disagree with people who equate the Capitol raid to the riots over civil rights. The main reason is intent and cause matters. People a part of a community who've experienced hundreds of straws that have broken hundreds of camel's backs for the past 2 centuries have far more sincere and genuine greivences than people raiding the capitol building because their narcissistic deranged leader who couldn't give two ***** about them lost an election and is incapable of accepting that reality.

#1493 fchowd0311, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    AleksandarN, Rileydog, Salvy and 6 others like this.
  14. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

"No, you can't come in. Nobody can come in."
    The cop told the reporter with a straight face as throngs of insurgents passed by...

AroundTheWorld and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

From my reading, any pardon which results in the continuance of criminal activity is invalid. It would, of course, have to processed through the court, but it would seem such pardons could be struck.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don’t see how Trump could possibly pardon these people and retain credibility with the “law and order” crowd. He will throw them under the bus and leave the to their fates.

Hakeemtheking, Yung-T and Surfguy like this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

here's the longer footage ... dragging starts at 2:30 or so.

two officers are dragged. both get up and walk away with the aid of those "patriots" who were feeling guilty and embarrassed, while most were chanting anti-police slogans.

also, we definitely see the name tag of one officer. looks like middle initial is an "A". Sicknick is "D"

mdrowe00 likes this.
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

More Trump 4D chess.

Historians are going to have a field day, writing Trump's POTUS history. I could easily see 10 volume set covering all of the day-to-day nonsense. Like Trump's lies, historians can keep a running count of all of the crimes Trump committed.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Probably the same people that b****ed that it disrespected the flag when players kneeled. But using the flag on poles as spears and beating a cop with one. Cool cool.

20. dookiester

dookiester Member

Trump has never had any credibility yet his followers remain undeterred. With him it has never been about credibility, just how much we are willing to let him get away with. The answer this far is, whatever he wants.

No Worries and mdrowe00 like this.