1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with that but it still does not explain why you think the article was spot on when it had a lot wrong about how Harden plays.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

So when Harden wanted Philly in the pre-season I figured it was a bit of a risk, swapping Simmons for Harden is a massive upgrade for them, but I wasn't sure how the rest of the East would look, Philly looks damn good as is. They have two of the players on that +/- list and would have 3 including the top one with a Harden trade. So I under estimated them a bit it seems, but if Philly is too good without Harden and a top seed, does that change their strategy in trading for Harden? I can see if they were a 3-5 seed making a major trade would make sense. If you are the top seed do you want to make a trade for someone you may need to adjust your game plan for? Any player of Harden's caliber you would need to adjust for. The playoffs would not be a good time for them to try to start figuring things out with a major piece. If that offer is on the table at the deadline and they have a dominant lead in the standings, things could get interesting. It almost make sense for both Philly and Houston to wait until the off season.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Seems like the Bulls have what the rockets need in Rebuilding. Heck of all this Simmons talk. Zack is a very similar player and i bet could be had. I think Wall is just here for short term anyways, unless he can contribute like Rose is doing. Nuggets said they would be interested in helping them get a trade going. This means they must be interested in some of Houston players. Id assume its Pj Tucker and Eric Gordon. Rockets should try to get MPJ From them enticing them with one of the Bulls Picks, with Package of PJ , Gordon, and House + Bulls pick for MPJ, RJ. But Harris would be in to match salary

Bulls would have to give rockets Lavine, Patrick Willams , and 3 FRP for Harden to me would be good trade for Harden(Realistic). But you send 1 of them to in The Gordon_ Tucker Package for MPJ.

So rockets would rebuild with Youth Lavine(25) and Porter jr(22). Also have young studs like Patrick Willams(19), Rj hampton(19) and Harris(26). I think these players would fit along side Christian Wood(25). Thats some really young and explosive team to start a rebuild, and add future players in free agency / Picks..

BamBam likes this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Saw this note in today’s Boston Globe:

▪ When Stephen Curry went off for 62 points against Portland, it was noted that he is the fifth Warrior to score 60 in a game. The other four are Klay Thompson, Joe Fulks, Rick Barry, and . . . Wilt Chamberlain, who did it 27 times! Please remember this next time you read one of those greatest-ever arguments featuring Michael and LeBron.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Chamberlain did it 27 times against some chumps. You take a scientific observation of the defenders speed compared to Chamberlain and it's no wonder.

Amel likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Philly has had a super weak schedule so far...their Strength of Schedule is 24th

trading for Harden should be a no-brainer for them...Tobias as your #2 scorer and Simmons not taking any jumpers will have them easily bottled up in the playoffs

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

This is such a silly riposte. Why even compare LBJ/MJ? They played in two distinctly different eras. The Bog O? Doesn’t even exist today.

Let’s keep all comparisons to strict peerage.

9. PatBev

PatBev Member

Harden for LaMelo straight up

Melo + Wood = three peat

Ramo$e and Lloyd Estacio like this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Had a dream we traded Harden for Beal. Russ and James further imploded and we were in game 7 of the finals and I woke up.

I really need to chill on the edibles before bed.

11. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I agree, the rocket should wait, and that’s exactly what I think they’ll do. There’s absolutely no benefit to rushing into a trade at this point in the season. As we approach the trade deadline and we see how teams are doing you will see more people get involved if they think it gives them a chance to either win a championship or make a run in the playoffs. Plus, I haven’t heard of a trade yet that would benefit the Rockets in the long run.

Remember, there’s no rush to trade Harden. Is under contract for two years. Regardless of what Harden wants, that doesn’t mean he’ll get it. As people are pointed out, Tillman may be hurting financially. So why would he trade away one of the best players in the league without getting equal value in return? If someone offers up a young exciting player with draft picks, great. Otherwise you don’t rush into a decision that would put your business in financial jeopardy.

D-rock likes this.
  12. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I have to give credit to Caruso and THT. They played great tonight. Good think the rockets play the lakers again. Now we get to see if they can bounce back or not.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Sorry wrong thread...*face palm*

Os Trigonum and D-rock like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is very content, too content.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  16. Rockets4Life13

I wish we could just get it over with. I don’t think we’re winning a championship with harden as our main guy.
    I just want something to be excited about. We’re currently floating between rebuild and trying to contend which is (atleast imo) the worst place to be in.

17. Elvin Hayes

Elvin Hayes Member

He'll be content around the strip clubs, maybe.

ak99999 likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

You can see he is out of shape...look at his body from last year and before. He is not focus and he need to work on his craft better....shooting...its awful now.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. macan

macan Member

come on man 87 pages and Harden still with the team??

daywalker02 likes this.